abba stand

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
hi all , anybody using the abba superbike stand ? used one on the MT 07 but had to take side plates off first , just wondering if you need to remove anything off the MT 09 too , cheers

lee1980

Reaction score
Hi no need to removed anything just need the specific kit from Abba as has a neat nylon plastic peg part for the gear change side works a treat and leave no marks on anything!

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
cheers lee , nice one , i'll get a kit ordered ! ;)

davie

Reaction score
I have an ABBA stand for my 09, still getting used to using it tbh. I am thinking of buying some bobbins for the rear of bike for ease of use, when I want to give the bike a quick wash.

I find the stand slides a bit on my painted garage floor when lowering bike back down on to the wheels again and if I take it outside to the area of drive, where I wash the bike, the fact that it is on a slope does not fill me with confidence

lee1980

Reaction score
Never had a problem but always been on rough concrete garages and certainly wouldnt use on a my sloped drive either can see it toppling back lol.
Still reckon for one person its safest way to get back end up and pretty quick still.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Got a painted floor and don't find it an issue. Bike goes up and down no problem.
must admit first time I used it I was a bit unsure but you can jump up and down on the bike when its on the stand. I've also got the add on to get the front up as well and its rock solid.

Perhaps you just have to be more "positive" as you take it up and down!

rusty

Reaction score
make sure the bike is facing either up the slope or down and not across the slope, then put the bike in gear and lower the side stand when it is on the paddock stand. That way when you let it down off the paddock stand it won't roll away and you can tilt it over onto the side stand.

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
never had a problem with sliding , used this stand for years and I really rate it , made no problem of lifting XJR 1300 up and down , and the great thing is you can just buy fitting kits if you change or own more than one bike