ABS Rear Wheel Removal

Mark Arnold Evered

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post with a silly questions I can't find an answer to all over the internet. I hope someone can help! ;)

It's time to replace the cheese tyre that came with the bike. The manual states that wheel removal should only be carried out by dealers on the ABS models. I can't get my hands on an ABS Service manual so not sure what I'm missing out on. I've had plenty of wheels off other bikes with no ABS. Is it as simple as making sure the sensor wheel fits in under the sensor or is there something more? Thanks!

relz

Reaction score
From what ive seen done on mine, remove the sensor (one or two screws) prior to wheel removal, and reinstall it after returning the wheel. That's all there is to it.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Took mine off with no drama, sitting here, cant remember what else I had to disconnect but it was straight forward.

MartinB

Reaction score
Remove the sensors first then remove the wheels, damage can occur when refitting the wheels basically the end of the sensors are brittle and once damaged are not covered by warranty

Best be safe

Mark Arnold Evered

Reaction score
All done this weekend. Easiest wheel I've ever had off and on. Just the one bolt to remove the ABS sensor and pop out of the way. Cheers guys.

Long weekend of riding in the rain and shine, I can heartily recommend the PR4 on the MT09!
IMG-20150801-WA0000.jpg

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just done cadwell on monday and the abs is absolute shite, comes in way too early and is more liable to cause you to crash, lap times were 5sec yes five seconds faster with it disconected, pull the fuse and feel what your tyres are doing.
My point exactly mate.

woodie100

Reaction score
Hey all,
Got to replace the abs sensor on the rear wheel. The rear sensor is out and tracing back the wire it goes up towards the back of the tank (nearest the seat) I know it has a terminal block on the end but can’t find where it goes to plug in. Any help would be very much appreciated…. (y)
JonB