Advice please

Wharfe

Reaction score
Santa was v. generous this year with a fancy-dan TomTom sat nav. Need some advice as to the best wire to tap into for a switched live. Elektrickery is not my strong point - if i can't see it I struggle, and there's the risk of injury... ( I have the same problem with what my wife's thinking) I had wondered about tapping into the live feed for the accessory socket (behind the socket itself) but damned if I can figure how - if at all- the socket can be removed or pulled forward to access the back of it. Your thorts please folks.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi Wharfe
there are a few replies on this site about wiring a live feed for the sat nav, otherwise just attach a power plug to the sat nav charger lead and use the power socket on the bike if there's one

johnstons101

Reaction score
Hello Wharfe
If you remove the screen & screen mounting bracket on the Tracer, you can get behind the power socket & you will also find some switched live spare plug sockets already wired into the loom.
I bought the mating connector off eBay, I will try & find the seller for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wynner

Reaction score
eBay item number:222716207086
sold by shaw052
Best option by far
This is the one johnstons101 is talking about.

Wharfe

Reaction score
Ah cheers guys. Will hit ebay for the part, and get crackin'.

Wharfe

Reaction score
Ok Chaps, bodywork off and appropriate wiring located. The socket I'm needing is NOT the male one originally suggested (not on mine anyway; I need a female connector of a different shape / profile altogether) - found the one I need on ebay, item no 202172129404.
Anyway, looks to be a straightforward enough do once the part arrives.
Cheers all for the input.

Wharfe

Reaction score
.....aaand on FURTHER inspection, yes the plug originally suggested IS correct for what I take to be the aux power connections. Both plugs arrved this morning - I've gone for the 2nd "lighter" socket option, and now I know what's where I may yet hard-wire my Roadhawk camera (bought after I got twatted by a truck in September ) using the aux socket. Every day's a school day...

johnstons101

Reaction score
I’m glad it went as planned, it’s easy when you know where the connections are

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk