After market exhausts

jockr64

Reaction score
Has anyone else got a 2 brothers exhaust fitted or is looking at getting one?
I've tried to find the noise output through google but no luck.
Does anyone know how loud it is?
Got an online quote for insurance last night and answered yes to the "is it road legal" question.
If it is louder than 95db at 50% rpm(?), then I guess it's not road legal?
This will be the 1st aftermarket exhaust I've had, so not sure of the finer details!
If you're going to have a mid-life crisis, might as well do it right!

Cheers.

braedan

Reaction score
depending on whether or not you run the exhaust with the silencer will make it road worthy or not.. I took the silencer out of my akra and its way too loud! Going to have to put it back in.. Its almost too quiet with the silencer in though.. Im sure the two brothers exhaust would be equally as loud as the akra..

braedan

Reaction score
Or you could buy a cat converter and run it without the silencer, and it may be somewhere in between .. but I have never had a cat converter so im not sure how much difference they make in the sound

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the akra is perfect. Had the baffle out of mine since day one and not had any problems with police. Had more people say it sounds nice than too loud lol

gazza

Reaction score
akrapovic will not be beat,,,ive just fitted one on mine

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the club lol. Baffle out I hope..? U can't beat a blue flash of light on the roll off lol

Schultzy

Reaction score
Are people having a hard time sourcing the Akra pipes?

The Yamaha branded ones are apparently super hard to get in Oz (Perth at least they may not get more stock until May!), the Akra labelled ones a bit easier to get but theres still a fair wait. I prefer the look of the Akra but may end of up getting the Two Brothers (it still sounds sweet to me) as I dont want to wait forever to get it!
[MENTION=362]jockr64[/MENTION] - same for me - the only thing is I dont know what the dB is on the Two Brothers and Im pretty sure it wont be 'street legal' as they say.

Last edited:

jockr64

Reaction score
Gday Schultzy.
Im picking my bike up from bikebiz in Parramatta on Friday. When I asked about the exhausts, they said they could supply the akra, arrow or 2 bros, but they only had the 2 bros in stock. I've sinced asked them about db killers and heres their reply-
"In regards to the baffle, the Two Brothers exhaust system i have supplied for you already has the S1R installed, this reduces the sound by 3-4 decibles.* There is another baffle, the P1X which reduces the system by 7-8 decibles, RRP $55.00 which are in stock with my supplier."
Ill let you know on Friday if the 2 bros sound as good as I hope.

Schultzy

Reaction score
I like bikebiz - even though im in Perth I order a fair few parts/gear from them.

I bit the bullet and am getting the Two Brothers next Tuesday along with my 1K service. Still let me know how it sounds Friday though - I havent heard one in person but I like what Ive heard online!

Also on the Yamaha branded Akra pipes - my dealers says only 7 of these have been delivered to Australia so far!

Last edited:

gazza

Reaction score
akrapovic

Has anyone else got a 2 brothers exhaust fitted or is looking at getting one?
I've tried to find the noise output through google but no luck.
Does anyone know how loud it is?
Got an online quote for insurance last night and answered yes to the "is it road legal" question.
If it is louder than 95db at 50% rpm(?), then I guess it's not road legal?
This will be the 1st aftermarket exhaust I've had, so not sure of the finer details!
If you're going to have a mid-life crisis, might as well do it right!

Cheers.
there is no better quality and sounding system than the akrapovic. ive just put one on mine and removed the baffles and it sounds amazing.

jockr64

Reaction score
Gday Schultzy.
I picked it up today and rode it home form Parramatta to Ulladulla, about 250k's.I definitely agree about the seat being a bit hard. My arse is still numb and I've been home for about 4 hrs!:confused:
I'm probably not the best person to technically review anything mechanical as this is only my second ever bike and first after market exhaust. Haven't heard an akra or arrow to compare it to, but-
It sounds awesome going through the gears with a bit of revs. LOUD but not illegally so(i hope!). Cruising at 110-ish was a bit of a monotonous drone to me, but I'll get used to it. Looks awesome and the sales guy reckons it has dropped another 5kg off the total weight!
MT09bikebiz.jpg

Hopefully there will be a ride day down this way some day when I'm not away at work and we can get all three together to compare!
Hope this is some help mate.

Last edited:

Schultzy

Reaction score
Yeah mate that looks sweet, good job. I'll have mine in for its 1k service + pipe install so looking forward to it.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

marthy

Reaction score
Yeah mate that looks sweet, good job. I'll have mine in for its 1k service + pipe install so looking forward to it.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
Nice! Next week things should be a bit more quiet. I will do a thread as a how too for thrle EJK controller. I have one in the other house but will do another one here as reference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Schultzy

Reaction score
It sounds awesome going through the gears with a bit of revs. LOUD but not illegally so(i hope!). Cruising at 110-ish was a bit of a monotonous drone to me, but I'll get used to it. Looks awesome and the sales guy reckons it has dropped another 5kg off the total weight!
I get my S1R tomorrow with my first service. I gather this pipe is louder than the Akra, but do you know if it comes with a DB killer in it?

If its too loud then surely there will be DB killers available to tone it down.