After market exhausts

jockr64

Reaction score
You'll be happy with it schultzy. I've clocked up 900kms since Friday but came back to work yesterday!! It's going to be a long 2 weeks!
It did come fitted with a db killer which was about 3-4 db lower. You can also get another one which is about 7-8 db less. About $55 from bikebiz.

Julianziggy - mine was 1354 from bikebiz in parramatta +$165 to fit that and a radiator gaurd, rad end gaurds and a tank protector.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Schultzy

Reaction score
Yeah nice one, can't wait to hear the new tune!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Schultzy

Reaction score
how much did you get the S1R for, and where from? i'd be keen to here one in the flesh
I get mine tomorrow from Cullys Yamaha in Balcatta. We can catch up and I can show it to you later on once it's fitted if you want to hear it?

It was $1300 or so I think.

Schultzy

Reaction score
Yeah, just got back!

It cost me $1400 including the 1K service. Mate, this pipe not just looks 100% better than stock, it sounds great! Its waaaaaay lounder than stock - id say it'd need the additional DB killer you mentioned to bring it under 'street legal' specs off the top of my head. But boy it sounds so much better! One thing I did notice is its burbling a LOT when rolling off throttle - according to the Two Bros fitting instructions it seems my Dealer might not have clamped the PAIR valve which means im getting a lot of popping/backfire type noises - will need to get them to fix it up or cut it myself.

On another note, they must have played with the throttle did something to the fuel as my bike doesnt have that same 'snatchy' feeling quite a lot of mt09's have - it seems signficantly smoother in any mode!

jockr64

Reaction score
Glad your happy with it mate.
I couldnt compare it to the stock one as I had it fitted before I picked it up. Mine has some burble to it, but I wouldnt say it's excessive.
Have you heard an akra or an arrow on one? If you have how do they compare?

Schultzy

Reaction score
Ive heard the Akra but from afar so its hard to compare - im sure the Two Bros is louder though. I havent seen anyone around Perth with the Arrow.

I called my Yamaha dealership however they said they dont have the PAIR blocker that came with the exhaust (I dont think they are allowed to fit them anyway) so I spent the morning working on the bike getting rid of the exhaust popping. I could see what pipe I needed to block from the outside of the frame but frustratingly couldnt get hands to it so I had to pull the tank and the air box off which took me longer than it should have - then again I have a EJK Fuel Controller coming so pulling everything apart was probably good practice!

After finding the pipe, I went to the local 2 buck shop, bought a bag of marbles, sqeezed one between two cable ties in the pipe and put it back together. Its removed the excessive burbling by about 80% - now it makes a few pops every now and then but I dont mind it that much :)

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think he's talkin about the pipe that goes to the Reid valve housing...! It's not needed so we usually take it all out and weld that bit closed...!

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Reid valve is purely for emissions purposes. It just lets the unburnt exhaust gasses pass thru it and not out into the atmosphere. It's a one way system and not really needed. As I said... We usually take the housing off and weld the hole shut...! Makes for better compression as well

Schultzy

Reaction score
The Reid valve is purely for emissions purposes. It just lets the unburnt exhaust gasses pass thru it and not out into the atmosphere. It's a one way system and not really needed. As I said... We usually take the housing off and weld the hole shut...! Makes for better compression as well

Yeah that's what I was talking about. Its technically illegal to modify the AIS in Australia so dealerships wont do it, so either its a DIY job or find a dodgy mechanic.

Schultzy

Reaction score
Is there a thread on how to do it? Or what pipe it is?

Doin skids and shooting flames...

http://youtu.be/FvxFx2SyJHE
Not that I know off - my Two Bros exhaust did show a pic of the pipe I needed to block though.

You need to remove the tank and then the air box - its the pipe coming out of bottom of the left hand side of the air box that you need to block to limit the exhaust popping.

Credry

Reaction score
Schultzy, if you get a chance could you check your CO settings to see if Cully's changed that with your exhaust, I'd be interested to knoew if they did and what they set it to...

graeme.doolan

Reaction score
I have an AFR gauge that I will hook up and have a look how things are looking

Doin skids and shooting flames

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not that I know off - my Two Bros exhaust did show a pic of the pipe I needed to block though.

You need to remove the tank and then the air box - its the pipe coming out of bottom of the left hand side of the air box that you need to block to limit the exhaust popping.
U need to block the pipe coming off the zorst.... The Reid valve is a ONE WAY circuit

Schultzy

Reaction score
Schultzy, if you get a chance could you check your CO settings to see if Cully's changed that with your exhaust, I'd be interested to knoew if they did and what they set it to...
I doubt they changed the AF ratio but I don't have a gauge to test. I have a fuel controller and air filter coming and will get it properly checked then.

Schultzy

Reaction score
You'll be happy with it schultzy. I've clocked up 900kms since Friday but came back to work yesterday!! It's going to be a long 2 weeks!
It did come fitted with a db killer which was about 3-4 db lower. You can also get another one which is about 7-8 db less. About $55 from bikebiz.

Julianziggy - mine was 1354 from bikebiz in parramatta +$165 to fit that and a radiator gaurd, rad end gaurds and a tank protector.

Cheers.
[MENTION=362]jockr64[/MENTION] I got the 7-8 db killer from bikebiz. I fitted it last night and I'm pretty sure it's quieter, just hard to tell with them side by side!

I have a decibel meter coming so will compare actual db figures in a week or so.