After market exhausts

Credry

Reaction score
I doubt they changed the AF ratio but I don't have a gauge to test. I have a fuel controller and air filter coming and will get it properly checked then.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
I just meant from the dash diag menu, you can check yourself to see if they are still set at 0, or if they've upped it to 10 - 15

Schultzy

Reaction score
I just meant from the dash diag menu, you can check yourself to see if they are still set at 0, or if they've upped it to 10 - 15
Yeah, just worked out how to do this thanks to Tox.

Will check it out either tonight or over the weekend - im getting the feeling they adjusted it now given im noticing a reduction in throttle snatchiness.

Schultzy

Reaction score
Schultzy, if you get a chance could you check your CO settings to see if Cully's changed that with your exhaust, I'd be interested to knoew if they did and what they set it to...
They didnt change it - was set to 0. Ive just changed it to 14 across all cylinders - it makes a huge difference! Its nearly all but removed the snatchy throttle - im not sure what this has done power wise though after my 5 minute test ride :)

Last edited:

marthy

Reaction score
They didnt change it - was set to 0. Ive just changed it to 14 accross all cylinders - it makes a huge difference! Its nearly all but removed the snatchy throttle - im not sure what this has done power wise though after my 5 minute test ride :)
Nice! Keep adding some until you don't feel any progress. That should make the EJK controller 100% efficient.

In the settings the EJK add fuel at idle. Green/Blue is set at 3.0, test 3.5 and 4.0 and let us know what work best. I end up at 4.0 with the flashtune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Schultzy

Reaction score
Nice! Keep adding some until you don't feel any progress. That should make the EJK controller 100% efficient.

In the settings the EJK add fuel at idle. Green/Blue is set at 3.0, test 3.5 and 4.0 and let us know what work best. I end up at 4.0 with the flashtune.

Ok so the EJK and DNA filter is fitted and I just took it for a 20 minute test run on stock settings. There is a big difference straight out of the box - torque feels higher through the rev range and the power band feels significantly smoother straight away. Exhaust popping is also reduced and I gather further tweaking will fix that - should be a good weekend!

marthy

Reaction score
Good news! Did you block the AIS system? If you haven't done the block off plates (Grave's), you can cap off the hose that connect to the airbox on the LH side. If it still pop a bit on decel, add some CO.

Witch settings did you use again?

Schultzy

Reaction score
I've currently got my CO @ 14, and yeah I blocked off the AIS by plugging the pipe. I'm running g- 5.5, y- 3.5, r-3, gb-3.5, yb-4.5 and rb-4 at the moment.

marthy

Reaction score
I've currently got my CO @ 14, and yeah I blocked off the AIS by plugging the pipe. I'm running g- 5.5, y- 3.5, r-3, gb-3.5, yb-4.5 and rb-4 at the moment.

Try the EJK GB @ 3.0 If this help increase the G by 0.5 at the time until the off throttle get better. Play with it a bit... just keep the YB & RB shift point as is.

Schultzy

Reaction score
Try the EJK GB @ 3.0 If this help increase the G by 0.5 at the time until the off throttle get better. Play with it a bit... just keep the YB & RB shift point as is.
A spirited 2 hour test ride helped me tweak it a little today. G6 and Y 4.5 seems to have the best results for me so far - smooth and the least popping on the pipe - some further tweaking might get it a touch better but I think im pretty close to being perfect without using a dyno to back it up.

On another note, it was warm 33 degrees C today where I am - that would normally see my bike running low 100's but with the EJK in im running a cool 92-93c.

marthy

Reaction score
A spirited 2 hour test ride helped me tweak it a little today. G6 and Y 4.5 seems to have the best results for me so far - smooth and the least popping on the pipe - some further tweaking might get it a touch better but I think im pretty close to being perfect without using a dyno to back it up.

On another note, it was warm 33 degrees C today where I am - that would normally see my bike running low 100's but with the EJK in im running a cool 92-93c.
Awesome! Glad to see it worked as good for you.

Schultzy

Reaction score
Here you go Mate. I know you already install yours but for future reference I did a thread on this forum too to help out installation. I will update the settings as we go...

http://mt09.motorcycle-talk.com/forum/threads/722-EJK-Fuel-controller-Instalation?p=8433#post8433
The only thing I'd mention additionaly is that my EJKs ground wire came out the same end as the injector harnesses.

Because of the cable shrink holding everything together, it wouldnt reach the battery so I had to cut the black cover to about half way down so I could have the ground wire reach the battery.

I then fixed it up with electrical tape.

I'm not sure if they are all like this or if it was just mine.

marthy

Reaction score
Ya, I told them but they wanted to keep it this way in case someone want to mount it on the handlebar. All you had to do is cut the terminal and pull the ground wire out, then crimp a new terminal. I even cut the ground wire to proper length.

I will have a chat with them about it. I just put an order for 10 units, maybe I will mod them myself so no one else have issues.

Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Schultzy

Reaction score
All good - I was initially going to snip and crimp but I decided not to just in case I wanted to move it etc.

Maybe just add it to your instructions as it was a bit confusing initially but obviously not too hard to work out!

Schultzy

Reaction score
Has anyone else got a 2 brothers exhaust fitted or is looking at getting one?
I've tried to find the noise output through google but no luck.
Does anyone know how loud it is?
Got an online quote for insurance last night and answered yes to the "is it road legal" question.
If it is louder than 95db at 50% rpm(?), then I guess it's not road legal?
This will be the 1st aftermarket exhaust I've had, so not sure of the finer details!
If you're going to have a mid-life crisis, might as well do it right!

Cheers.
Ive installed the P1x suppressor with the 7-8db reduction.

Initially it didnt sound much different to the normal 3-4 db suppressor but it is hard to tell as I obviously cant listen to them side by side. After a bit of riding though the P1x definately sounds different - it still sounds really good but I can hear more of that infamous triple 'whirring' noise - to me that was a bit overwhelmed on the stock TB supressor so Im definately glad I can hear it more now as its a great sound :)

I gave my new DB meter a go when I was using the P1x and to my suprise I was getting 94-95db at 5K rpm standing about a metre behind the bike! I was expecting something around the high 90's, as it to me its substantially louder than the stock pipe which is rated the same so its a tad confusing - I may also need to calibrate my DB meter though, if I catch up with one of the other guys on this forum that has their stock pipe I might compare DB readings to see how accurate it is.

If I get time over the weekend I might put the old TB baffle in to see what I get.

Schultzy

Reaction score
That new Akra canister looks nice but I don't like the weird loop.

That Shark is new, haven't seen split pipes on an mt09 before - would like to hear it!

mtmarcel

Reaction score
I like all the Akrapovic, but not the headers.
They don't flow with the bike.