*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

Nohj498

Reaction score
Christmas has come early

Got my 2016 TC ECU back from Simon at S Tec, very impressive turnround, decided to go for ECU flash plus quick shift / auto blip. The flash has smoothed throttle response as well as increasing performance it's just so much fun and I absolutly love the quick shift with auto blip. Unfortunately due to the lovely weather we're having haven't been able to get a lot of miles done but what I have, have made the bike what it should have been. I would like to say a massive thank you to Simon for the work and being there if I wanted any advice

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got my 2016 TC ECU back from Simon at S Tec, very impressive turnround, decided to go for ECU flash plus quick shift / auto blip. The flash has smoothed throttle response as well as increasing performance it's just so much fun and I absolutly love the quick shift with auto blip. Unfortunately due to the lovely weather we're having haven't been able to get a lot of miles done but what I have, have made the bike what it should have been. I would like to say a massive thank you to Simon for the work and being there if I wanted any advice
You are very welcome. Thank you for the review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a quick note to say we now flash the XSR900...
PM me for more information

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We now flash the 2017 09 so get yourself booked in asap. £240 for flash and £360 for flash and dyno.

brakkeman

Reaction score
Just want to add another positive experience with Simon & TT, highly recommended flash!
Totally fixed the fueling issues I had and makes me want to ride my bike even more.
Communication was flawless & transparent, turnover time impeccable.

If you're on the fence of doing this, don't, and do it already!

Creebsy

Reaction score
I'm new to all this ECU flash business, would someone mind explaining exactly what this is and what it does to the MT09 2017 model?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Read #1 of this thread. Make sure you have a very hot brew in one hand

Creebsy

Reaction score
I read the first couple of pages, still rather lost, I thought they solved the snatchy throttle and power issues on the new 2017 model? I'm just about to fit an aftermarket exhaust so I may need to enquire about getting this done!

Tracer kid

Reaction score
Well it's been 2 weeks since I had the ecu reflash by S-Tec mail in and wow what a difference.
At 150 miles I normally get 16.5 Ltrs in but since the remap it takes 14 Ltrs.
Power delivery is so smooth and lower down rpm filtering speed is so smooth it's unreal.
Best £240 I've spent on the bike so far.
Now saving up for the race tools pack.

Bookerman

Reaction score
I’m going to get this done on my 2014. Is there a website Simon? I see you on facebook, should I just give you a call? I’m in Central Scotland

Bookerman

Reaction score
Well got my ECU back from Simon this week and tried it today for the first time. Blown away by the difference it makes. The throttle response is so smooth ineach of the 3 modes. I feel for anyone who sold the bike because of the snatchy throttle, it really is like a new bike.

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Well got my ECU back from Simon this week and tried it today for the first time. Blown away by the difference it makes. The throttle response is so smooth ineach of the 3 modes. I feel for anyone who sold the bike because of the snatchy throttle, it really is like a new bike.
100% agreed. Got mine back last week and have to say it's the best £240 I've spent-like riding a completely different bike.
Only regret not having it done a couple of years ago!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Mr B...
Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
100% agreed. Got mine back last week and have to say it's the best £240 I've spent-like riding a completely different bike.
Only regret not having it done a couple of years ago!
Thanks for the feedback R6owdlad. Mucho gratis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

kernow

Reaction score
My 14-plate MT-09 had the Yamaha official re-flash back in 2014, it was done on the first service for the first owner. I took delivery of the bike just over 15-months ago with just over 760 miles on the clock, and it's still only done 3000miles. Anyhow I added a k&n filter and did a substantial mod on a standard exhaust system and set the CO to position 14 on each cylinder and it was pretty good, even had a saving of a few mpg's, plus it ran cooler, so couldn't have been too far out.

But I still thought there was room for improvement the throttle was at best unpredictable at times and would catch me unawares, so decided to bite the bullet and send my ecu up to Simon to work his magic. I received it back today reinstalled it and went for a play, wow what a difference really smooth right through the range very predictable throttle response delighted with the result and worth every penny.

If you are contemplating having it done, contemplate no longer you won't be disappointed I can assure you......:D

fizzy

Reaction score
My 14-plate MT-09 had the Yamaha official re-flash back in 2014, it was done on the first service for the first owner. I took delivery of the bike just over 15-months ago with just over 760 miles on the clock, and it's still only done 3000miles. Anyhow I added a k&n filter and did a substantial mod on a standard exhaust system and set the CO to position 14 on each cylinder and it was pretty good, even had a saving of a few mpg's, plus it ran cooler, so couldn't have been too far out.

But I still thought there was room for improvement the throttle was at best unpredictable at times and would catch me unawares, so decided to bite the bullet and send my ecu up to Simon to work his magic. I received it back today reinstalled it and went for a play, wow what a difference really smooth right through the range very predictable throttle response delighted with the result and worth every penny.

If you are contemplating having it done, contemplate no longer you won't be disappointed I can assure you......:D
The best mod you can do to your 09 without a doubt! Transforms the bike