Aftermarket Exhaust recommendations

wakers

Reaction score
Anyone fitted an aftermarket exhaust and can you recommend anything, I would love the titanium akro but just can't justify or really afford the new price and i can't find one second hand anywhere, I know they do a cheaper carbon can version too and this is tempting, the other thing i'm trying to find out is how loud they are I'm after something that sounds less like a sewing machine than the stock one, but not to loud I would still like something "Noise road legal" just that sounds better, there's quite a few exhausts on ebay that look good value but i'm not sure how loud some of them will be, defo after a low level one...

Any info would be great, thanks...

Shaun64

Reaction score
Check out the exhausts mods on tracer section.

Seadoc

Reaction score
I have a titanium Akra on my bike. It has a lovely sound, a louder then stock but not ear shattering. The carbon fiber is a lovely pipe too, makes a bit more power than the ti. Some take the baffle out or cut them back a bit but I am happy with it as is!

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on what you like the look of, I have a Titanium Akrapovic on mine, and i like how it's tucked underneath out of the way rather than sticking out, it also sounds great. I've left my baffles in as i think it's plenty loud enough - earplugs are used on long runs!

But plenty of people prefer the carbon or the SC type which stick out more, i've even seen someone do a custom high-level exhaust for an '09, so it's down to what you like the look of and of course how deep your pockets are.

They do come up on ebay at slightly better prices, you just have to be quick...

wakers

Reaction score
I'm pretty tempted with a scorpion end can anyone fitted one? Not after performance gain as such just a better sound, thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

stevecbr

Reaction score
The full system Akra's are expensive as they are a full system. The standard MT exhaust is one piece, so if you buy an end pipe you have to chop your original one up.
I like the look of the standard exhaust, so modded mine myself. Basically took my standard one of, cut of the top with an angle grinder, removed some of internal pipework (but left the cat in place), then paid my local fabricator shop £20 to weld the lid back on with stainless weld.
Sound was 88db standard, went up to 92db after modification. So a bit louder, and a deeper sound, still runs fine and now done 21000 miles.

andz

Reaction score
I am about to spring for a 2017 Tracer and the first mod will be the carbon Akro full system as shown below.

MT-09 Akro Carbon.jpg

The price here is 27% cheaper than the Yamaha recommended titanium system, it says it is not road legal but rules here are pretty lax so it's not an issue.

wakers

Reaction score
I think I'm going to save my pennies and go for that too, they look awesome...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk