aftermarket l.e.d lights

Peter Gut

Reaction score
Ok so i bought a brand new fz09 and right away put front l.e.d lights but they came with 2 wires and the bike has 3 I connect the 2 to make it work but doesn't blink once you put the turn signal on also I put a fender eliminator kit on with l.e.d lights and same thing they don't blink and for some reason my back light doesn't work now. Can someone help me with this problem!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok so i bought a brand new fz09 and right away put front l.e.d lights but they came with 2 wires and the bike has 3 I connect the 2 to make it work but doesn't blink once you put the turn signal on also I put a fender eliminator kit on with l.e.d lights and same thing they don't blink and for some reason my back light doesn't work now. Can someone help me with this problem!
First question....!
Which LED's are they? Yamaha or Chinese copies??

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

mtmarcel

Reaction score
Is your bike a MT09 or a FZ09?
A FZ09 turn signals have 3 wires because they are also used as running lights. The MT has just 2 wires.

So to make a long story short, if you have a FZ they will not fit without lots of work.

Send from Down Down Under

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A FZ09 turn signals have 3 wires because they are also used as running lights. The MT has just 2 wires.

So to make a long story short, if you have a FZ they will not fit without lots of work.

He has an FZ. says so in his initial post

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Looks like he has a lot of work to do Marcel

mtmarcel

Reaction score
Well there you go, problem solved.

Lot of work to do.

Or buy led turn signals for the FZ market. There are lots on eBay.

M

MT account

im assuming the stock flashers are old school bulbs, yeah? LED bulbs have almost no resistance so they wont work with a stock flasher relay. they should flash too fast if anything. you can buy led flasher relays, inline resistors or just solder 2 21w bulbs in the indicator (if youre out in the jungle) circuit to put some resistance back in there. the side running lamps wont work unless the led lamp has a 3rd wire to run them. and the rear lamp? you need to tell us whats connected to what.......