bikeral

Reaction score
I know the Tracer is aimed at the 50+ age group, just wondering am I the only one going against the grain. I brought the bike brand new for my 30th Birthday present to myself to replace my old and battered FZS600

I get that it is tailored for the older rider, but I have had a lot of fun in the 2 years I have owned it. It still surprises me how agile and quick the bike is yet happily covers distance in comfort for me and my wife on a tour - best of everything

Hexme

Reaction score
I know the Tracer is aimed at the 50+ age group, just wondering am I the only one going against the grain. I brought the bike brand new for my 30th Birthday present to myself to replace my old and battered FZS600

I get that it is tailored for the older rider, but I have had a lot of fun in the 2 years I have owned it. It still surprises me how agile and quick the bike is yet happily covers distance in comfort for me and my wife on a tour - best of everything
I'm 53 years young!

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
45, bought the tracer mainly because the wife in the last few years has discovered how much fun it is to sit on the back and be ferried all over europe. Toss up was between the tracer and a super ten, they're good bikes, nothing at all wrong with them but the tracer seems to enjoy being ridden harder and is certainly more agile.

The other reason was after so many years in construction, my wrists, knees and back are pretty f*cked now so the more sporty stuff is off the cards for long journeys.

Shaun64

Reaction score
52, I went from a sports bike to the tracer and I am glad I did,I also test rode new Africa twin but too top heavy,triumph tiger 800 bland engine top heavy, I also fancied a ktm smt but they seem to have a few issues with reliabilty nice though.

Stripy

Reaction score
I was only 40 when i got my Tracer, so i disagree with your comment its targeted for +50's :)

pavc

Reaction score
59 here the riding position helps with the bad back, wrists and arthritis.

Chuck Thrillseeker

Reaction score
60 years and 10 months haha :cool:

Body is stuffed :(

Did my research over about a month, looking for a suitable bike. Also knowing my mates don't really like the bigger heavier bikes as much as they used to, as most of us have stuffed bodies these days haha :D + i have seen them man handling them when loaded on tour!

After making my mind up I ordered a 2016 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer having never sat on or rode one, till the day i picked it up!

There is so much on the net about these bikes i just new it was my next bike!:cool:

This one will do me for many years VERY! happy with my purchase :D

Only complaint! Gee it's hard to sit on the speed limit LOL! :rolleyes:

Cheers Chuck...........

Chamelion

Reaction score
36 here. Went with the tracer because it offered better pillion comfort over some others I was looking at.

valvestem

Reaction score

Nothing better than buying a present for yourself,,, and you get what you want....

otaylor38

Reaction score
Okay.. so here goes... i'm 24!

Came from a Tuono... wanted to do some touring this year so the bike needed to be good for 700-800 odd mile days atleast, so needed to be comfy... still wanted something quick enough and light enough to have a play on a Sunday too.

Tried a Tiger 1050 Sport... felt like a tank.. was about to give up and go back to something more traditionally sports tourer styled but test rode the Tracer and loved it. Couldnt believe how good the engine is and how agile it is.

Never looked back yet!

Shaun64

Reaction score
Okay.. so here goes... i'm 24!

Came from a Tuono... wanted to do some touring this year so the bike needed to be good for 700-800 odd mile days atleast, so needed to be comfy... still wanted something quick enough and light enough to have a play on a Sunday too.

Tried a Tiger 1050 Sport... felt like a tank.. was about to give up and go back to something more traditionally sports tourer styled but test rode the Tracer and loved it. Couldnt believe how good the engine is and how agile it is.

Never looked back yet!
700-800 mile days what time do you set off on a morning?.