LewFZ1

Reaction score
700 -800 miles a day? that is not touring that is just mile munching and hitting toll roads and motorways. Touring to me is meandering through the countryside and avoiding motorways and toll roads where ever possible.

Blackie

Reaction score
I'm 66 also. had the tracer since Jan this year. new 2016 model. Love it. I bought it because of its speed ,agility, price and the fact there's plenty of room at the back to tie down my zimmer frame.

otaylor38

Reaction score
700 -800 miles a day? that is not touring that is just mile munching and hitting toll roads and motorways. Touring to me is meandering through the countryside and avoiding motorways and toll roads where ever possible.

It is getting to a destination when short on time. You've then got time to ride the roads you went for in the time you've got, rather than adding a few extra days to the trip.

ib1-2

Reaction score
Good god, I'm 66. Didn't know it was that late. Only just come off a ZZR1400. Need to lie down now, afternoon nap.?

Birdy

Reaction score
First time ive posted on here for oooh...nearly 3 years . Had MT when they first came out, swapped it for a orrible GS 1200, sold that and got a lovely S10 , 50 yesterday, so pxd the tenere for a tracer 900 , pick it up on saturday !

Gruffalo

Reaction score
First time ive posted on here for oooh...nearly 3 years . Had MT when they first came out, swapped it for a orrible GS 1200, sold that and got a lovely S10 , 50 yesterday, so pxd the tenere for a tracer 900 , pick it up on saturday !
Welcome back :)
I'll be 50 this year, presently looking into getting a Tracer.

Tommy

Reaction score
Just turned 48, loving my 2017 MT09, it's a mental bike, scares me more than my old '03 R1, in a good way :D

cuculann

Reaction score
First time here, but so glad I've have, what great advice and opinion. I'm 67, been riding with a few interruptions like children and minor distractions like that, since was 17. Couldn't handle the GS's anymore and just picked up my new Tracer 900. My first Yamaha since my Super Tenere back in '90s: what a difference and what a bike. So easy to ride: makes the BMW feel like a tractor. Looking at the age range here it strikes me that you never do know what's behind a full face helmet.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

kev

Reaction score
I'm in the 60 plus group, I've never had a sports bike and only ever had one short ride on one, that was enough for me?

Peelmt09

Reaction score
55 years old feeling 20 again on my new 17model mt09 reminds me of lc350 days but with a 100 Plus ponies.

El Bandito

Reaction score
54 today. Never had a triple before. Back in the black n white days I had the chance to buy a Jota but was too scared of the power compared to my 350 LC. The Jota only had about 85bhp!

Chuck Thrillseeker

Reaction score
seems a lot of mid 50's to late 60's are buying the Tracer! :cool:

Yamaha must of done its home work as i think we were the intended target ;)

Loving mine, it really is a comfortable bike to ride

tezzer

Reaction score
57, and been riding since 1976. Bought a new 17 model tracer 900 in Forest green, which is not to everyone's taste, but it is the Yamaha equivalent of Ford Cortina Beige.

Had a diet of every kind of bike in the last 41 years, but each time I give up, I get the itch, again.

TRA

Reaction score
65 in a couple of weeks. Am poor, very poor - been riding motorbikes since I was 10 and money has flowed into way too many dealers' hands... My 2016 Tracer 900 is only a couple of weeks old (Yamaha Australia haven't released the 2017 at the time of writing), but I have to say this bike was made for me.

I've read of suggestions we ditch our centrestands. No bloody way. For me, it was one of the many selling points.

nibor

Reaction score
2015 -MT0-9 Abs. Uncomfortable seat, light and easy to manoeuvre, harsh engine but great fun to ride.

Still riding with similar aged bikers at 73