air filters for mt09

BarryJ

Reaction score
has anyone dabbled with aftermarket stuff yet? the usual suspects of K&N and co don't have one so I was wondering if there are any gains to be had at all?

My Toy

Reaction score
Just search air filter dude, there's tons been posted, favourite seems to be the DNA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rob5006

Reaction score
Raceways in Fleetwood stock Dna filters. Saves waiting upon average 5 days from Greece (Which is actually still quite a good turnaround)

relz

Reaction score
I suspect my OEM air filter is getting a bit dirty by now, I've started to feel that the bike is less smooth lately.
So I'm considering buying this DNA air filter that you're all raving about :)
I've never used one of these multi-use filters before, hence I've got a couple of questions.

It's presumably a non-expensive solution, because although costs 2-3 times the cost of an OEM it's supposed to be a one time buy.

What about all those cleaning solvents and oil?
Do you guys buy the DNA stuff, or do you use some kind of other product (regular cleaning solvents and oils perhaps)?
If so, how much liquid do you need per cleaning? I see they sell them in the smaller 220-270ml bottles and the larger 1100ml bottles, what's the more reasonable amount?

How often do you clean it?
Any other things I should consider?

It's a bit hard to tell from this thread, but has anyone installed this on a bike with stock exhaust and fuelling? If so, is there any improvement or should I just forget about it and stick to the OEM?
Anyone care to answer my questions above?

Thanks.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a one time buy, give it a blow through with an air line (carefully)! once a year and oil it when it's dry or every 12000 miles depending what country you live in. You don't need a great deal so buy the smallest bottle you can. Any aftermarket filter oil will do, I use K&N or Pipercross just because it's easy to obtain.

EMR

Reaction score
ı just bought the K/N (from original website from USA) and replace the OEM.. First it look like little bit different from OEM one but little push and fit perfectly.. And later engine sync changed.. After done the engine sync, i felt the difference. (I have akra carbon already)

Pool Boy

Reaction score
relz, I have DNA filter with stock exhaust and fuelling
I only bought it because someone was selling a second-hand one cheaply.
Just as well really 'cos I can't tell the difference
To be honest, I wouldn't buy another (unless I did really high mileage in a dusty environment when it MIGHT pay for itself eventually)

olivierzx

Reaction score
ı just bought the K/N (from original website from USA) and replace the OEM.. First it look like little bit different from OEM one but little push and fit perfectly.. And later engine sync changed.. After done the engine sync, i felt the difference. (I have akra carbon already)

You'd probably have felt the difference with the original filter.

Stop westing money buying this filters, put the money in your fuel tank to have a nice trip.