Akrapovic question.

Cabby

Reaction score
Hey folks, I have a question or two about the Akra system in regards the noise.

I've just bought a brand new system and having read various owners say it's too loud minus the baffle and others saying they've modded the baffle to get a middle ground between out and in, so what's the general take on things with this exhaust ???

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It generally goes a little something like this...

#1. Remove said baffle.

#2. Take said baffle and throw it in nearest scrap metal container.

#3. Get some half decent earplugs.

#4. Ride bike with even bigger grin on face while parting traffic like Moses.

#5. Arrive at ride outs/Biker cafés with the knowledge that people heard you coming at least 5 minutes before you actually got there.

*Don't forget to do a few rev bombs on arrival at aforementioned ride out/biker café so you can scorch a few of the bikes parked next to you with the 2ft long blue flames that fire out the back*

OR..........

You could.....

#1. Leave the baffle in completely.

#2. Join the nearest crochet knitting club.

#3. Meet every Tuesday night to swap knitting patterns and complain about the price of bunion cream and "how things weren't like that in your day"!

fizzy

Reaction score

#1. Remove said baffle.

#5. Arrive at ride outs/Biker cafés with the knowledge that people heard you coming at least 5 minutes before you actually got there.

*Don't forget to do a few rev bombs on arrival at aforementioned ride out/biker café so you can scorch a few of the bikes parked next to you with the 2ft long blue flames that fire out the back*

OR..........

You could.....

#3. Meet every Tuesday night to swap knitting patterns and complain about the price of bunion cream and "how things weren't like that in your day"!
:cool: took the baffle out of mine before the system was fitted and never put it back in,love the sound and the flames

Ruff

Reaction score

#1. Remove said baffle.

OR..........

You could.....

+1, I especially like the Moses parallel :)

:cool: took the baffle out of mine before the system was fitted and never put it back in,love the sound and the flames
Took mine in dealership just after installation, and don't want to put it back. But had to get used to its noise for a few weeks :D Now i get used to it or get deaf :D :D :D Nevertheless the noise does't mind me any more :D

Colin Briffett

Reaction score
It is loud without baffle but mega sound speciallike through tunnels lol! All I did to mine was cut baffle down about halfway down and it also make it easier to take out if needs must. Sounds good for me!

donut

Reaction score
Love the sound with the baffle out but hate earplugs.

Therefore have compromised and accept that the sound with the inner pipes removed is a half way house between the knitting club and deafness.

relz

Reaction score
Same ere bud. The baffle is just surplus to requirements lol
I've been riding with the baffle in for the past few months (guess I'm part of the crochet club :) ), I think it makes plenty of sound with the baffle. Especially when you get the revs up high (I try to never to under 6-7k), it really screams like a race bike :cool:

That being said.... following this thread, and seeing that I had 10 minutes to spare today, I took out the baffle. I like the sound without the baffle too :)
I don't think it's over loud, it's actually not much louder than with the baffle IMO. Of course this could be due to the fact that I alway wear earplugs, or perhaps I'm already partially deaf from riding noisy motorcycles for so many years :rolleyes:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been riding with the baffle in for the past few months (guess I'm part of the crochet club :) ), I think it makes plenty of sound with the baffle. Especially when you get the revs up high (I try to never to under 6-7k), it really screams like a race bike :cool:

That being said.... following this thread, and seeing that I had 10 minutes to spare today, I took out the baffle. I like the sound without the baffle too :)
I don't think it's over loud, it's actually not much louder than with the baffle IMO. Of course this could be due to the fact that I alway wear earplugs, or perhaps I'm already partially deaf from riding noisy motorcycles for so many years :rolleyes:
Each to their own really...
Some people like the noise.. some people don't

boro

Reaction score
+1 for that. I removed the baffle before fitting and its still in the box. Best sound IMHO

carsicchris

Reaction score
Agree with COLIN , cut the baffle by 1inch, sounds great , and it doesn't upset neighbours or attract the boys in blue.

engineer1

Reaction score
Took mine out its brill nearly set garage on fire with flames on the over run noise cured i bought a new lid .......

Ruff

Reaction score
The only disadvantage of removed buffle for me is that i have to push my bike out of underground garage in my building because I can't start the engine inside. It turns on the alarms in cars including my own :D :D :D
Luckily its a very very small underground garage so it's only about 10 to 15 meters to push it out :D

Last edited:

MTrider

Reaction score

#1. Remove said baffle.

OR..........

You could.....

Ha ha, Priceless!!!!! :)

Peter Didcote

Reaction score
Akrapovic exhaust

Had baffle in mine for about a week not been back in since noise what noise it only upsets the people around you maybe even jealousy creeps in abit as was said through tunnels on the overrun keeps you smiling ☺ enjoy yourself until the fun police get involved