Question Akrapovic Titanium DB Killer

Droodles

Reaction score
Does anyone know the number or model number of the DB Killer that is in the Akrapovic Titanium? It is off my 2019 MT-09
I have seen on ebay the V-TUV142 and the V-TUV203.
The one i am after is 86mm long approx.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
It appears on the website the DB killer is not a separate part of the main exhaust body

DaveC

Reaction score
Yes it is.
That said, this Akrapovic ti I have on it was also fitted to my 2014 model, I just swapped it to the new bike when I bought it.

DaveC

Reaction score
It would appear the 203 is welded in, the 142 has a welded in captive nut and a bolt so the baffle is removable.
Found this on another site -

On the face of it, the Akrapovič db-killers V-TUV142 and V-TUV203 appear to be the same. But there are some differences between the VTUV142 and the VTUV203. The V-TUV203 is shorter. And the three pipes come out in a different way, see the photos. And of course the V-TUV142 has a welded-on nut. And not the V-TUV203.
Don't know exactly which db killer you need? Feel free to ask!
When ordering db killers, please note the following. If you need a dbkiller for an exhaust on the left side of the engine (seen from the rear) then you almost always need a db-killer where the article number ends with an L. The hole that secures the bolt is always on the inside (the side of the tire). With a left db killer, that hole is on the right, and with a right db killer, this hole is on the left. That bolt is not always included in the factory. But if that's the case, we'll add that bolt. Tip: Always tighten the bolt properly and check it after a ride. They vibrate quickly, and that is not covered by the warranty.
Another tip: We also supply that rubber cap that you use to seal the bolt hole in a carbon end cap. That is also in the webshop, search for P-GUV004. Mi
. On the face of it, the Akrapovič db-killers V-TUV142 and V-TUV203 appear to be the same. But there are some differences between the VTUV142 and the VTUV203. The V-TUV203 is shorter. And the three pipes come out in a different way, see the photos. And of course the V-TUV142 has a welded-on nut. And not the V-TUV203.

Droodles

Reaction score
It would appear the 203 is welded in, the 142 has a welded in captive nut and a bolt so the baffle is removable.
Found this on another site -

On the face of it, the Akrapovič db-killers V-TUV142 and V-TUV203 appear to be the same. But there are some differences between the VTUV142 and the VTUV203. The V-TUV203 is shorter. And the three pipes come out in a different way, see the photos. And of course the V-TUV142 has a welded-on nut. And not the V-TUV203.
Don't know exactly which db killer you need? Feel free to ask!
When ordering db killers, please note the following. If you need a dbkiller for an exhaust on the left side of the engine (seen from the rear) then you almost always need a db-killer where the article number ends with an L. The hole that secures the bolt is always on the inside (the side of the tire). With a left db killer, that hole is on the right, and with a right db killer, this hole is on the left. That bolt is not always included in the factory. But if that's the case, we'll add that bolt. Tip: Always tighten the bolt properly and check it after a ride. They vibrate quickly, and that is not covered by the warranty.
Another tip: We also supply that rubber cap that you use to seal the bolt hole in a carbon end cap. That is also in the webshop, search for P-GUV004. Mi
. On the face of it, the Akrapovič db-killers V-TUV142 and V-TUV203 appear to be the same. But there are some differences between the VTUV142 and the VTUV203. The V-TUV203 is shorter. And the three pipes come out in a different way, see the photos. And of course the V-TUV142 has a welded-on nut. And not the V-TUV203.
Thanks for that Dave. I went into the akrapovic web site again last night. And looked up the titanium exhaust for the 2019 MT09. When the exhaust came up, S-y9r8, i scrolled down and looked at the schematic new version, down the bottom of that it has a parts list which show the tuv203 baffle. Thats the one i want as i have already drilled mine out, chopped a bit off the end and put it back in with a bolt. I just want a new uncut one for the days i go out and want a quieter sound. Not that the uncut one is loud. It is just right. Not loud and not quiet.