Akrapovic with no baffle :-)

jamesmvagusta

Reaction score
Just collected my MT09 back from the dealer, at last the Akro & screen are here. Can't believe the noise the pipe makes with the baffle removed, I just haven't stopped laughing. :D

Will post video and some photo's if it ever stops raining on the IOM.

While I am at it, top marks to Road & Track Motorcycles on the IOM. My MT09 is my first dealing with Alan and Sean great lads and great service.

p.s Anyone know when a power commander will be available?

Stay safe
Jim

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Topman Jim,

I got fed up with waiting for my Akra (not from R+T i must add)so I've ordered an Arrow full system instead, can't wait to get it on.

Yeh gotta agree with ya there R+T are great to deal with, I didn't even get Mt09 from them and they still did my 1st service for free.

Was going to head in this afternoon to pick up my screen but like you said its gotta stop pissing down 1st lol.

Cheers daps!

Stripy

Reaction score
Sounds like you have had a draught over there, with all that water you are in need of for the moment....? ;)

lou

Reaction score
Great to hear you have the Akro fitted, mines chuffin loud and shoots blue flames out the back on the over-run, remember Life's to short to grow up;) regards Lou

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Agreed, the Akra sounds emmence !! Anyone tried to put the baffle in yet? I've been I'll at home for 4 days so haven't been able to do anything but wanted to put the baffle in to hear the engine properly on a ride (to check cam chain noise). I tried it on the bike last Sunday but just couldn't get it in. Do you have to take the silencer off?

jamesmvagusta

Reaction score

j4ybee

Reaction score
I still have the baffle fitted to mine. Cant wait to get it out now and see how much louder it gets :p

pipski99

Reaction score
p.s Anyone know when a power commander will be available?
I believe it's available now according to the web site. A snip at £353 (compared to the akrapovic exhaust).

Link here

When I got one on my FZ6 it was around £300 with a standard preset map or £399 with a custom map tune done on the rollers so I went for that and loved it.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I believe it's available now according to the web site. A snip at £353 (compared to the akrapovic exhaust).

Link here

When I got one on my FZ6 it was around £300 with a standard preset map or £399 with a custom map tune done on the rollers so I went for that and loved it.

I presume you buy one of these then take the bike to be tuned? (on a dynojet i suppose?)

pipski99

Reaction score
I presume you buy one of these then take the bike to be tuned? (on a dynojet i suppose?)
I bought mine from a dealer where they fitted it for me then tuned it on their dyno on site so it was a one stop deal for me, but you can always buy the powercommander elsewhere and fit it yourself if you're competent and confident enough.

The powercommander should come with a generic map tune for your bike but as I said I had a custom map programmed for my bike on the dyno and took some video of the bike being thrashed on my mobile phone.

Worth every penny IMHO.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It takes about 45 minutes to get the baffle out coz it's really tight in there and even harder to get it back in lol

whistleillshoot

Reaction score
It takes about 45 minutes to get the baffle out coz it's really tight in there and even harder to get it back in lol
I'm attempting to get mine out, but I can't seem to make it budge! My hand actually slipped and I sliced my finger pretty good on the muffler. What did you use to get it out? Just a pair of needlenose?

pipski99

Reaction score
I know this may not be a popular opinion but if I do get the Akrapovic I would be leaving the baffle in. Could any of you who have experience of the standard exhaust compared to the Akra with the baffle in tell me if there's a lot / much / any difference at all which is worth the price of having the Akra?

I just don't want to go through fitting and removing the baffle and with the choice of having it in or out I would go for in.

Thanks

marthy

Reaction score
Just as an option, I'm using the EJK fuel controller. Work very well. I did the tune with the engineer at EJK and I double check everything on the dyno. All AFR were spot on! If yoy look at the Dynojet stock exhaust base map... not so much going on there. Or not worth dumping $400 USD.

I will not recommend riding without the DBK and no fuel controller. I did test it and the bike run quite lean at mid range.
I sold all the controller I had in stock. I should get some more by the end of next week. The FZ09 map is very good compared to other bike... not much is needed to tune for better performance. Stock or open exhaust.

The controllers are $225.00 shipped within the USA and $250.00 shipped overseas. (Might need to double check that on a case to case... that was for Australia)

The EJK controller is pretty much a Two Bros Juice Box. Very easy to install and tune if needed. The base map is loaded in the controller and there's plenty of adjustment to trim rich or lean. Yes, the EJK controller can lean too... not something those type of controller does usually.

If anyone is interested to test it contact me. I will offer full refund minus shipping on the first unit if not satisfy with the result.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whistle I did mine in our workshop and it's a bitch the first time to get it out. U need a good strong pair of mold grips a rubber mallet and a vice or a strong workshop buddy lol. And bash it out. After that it goes in and out no problem. U have to take the back box off the first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pip it sounds soooo much better than stock with the baffle in it or out of it. Ur choice biddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Marthy, Just to confirm. The bike runs lean with the akrapovic exhaust fitted and the baffle out? The fuel controller you sell fixes that? I know there is some adjustment for this on the dash. Does the fuel controller manage it better? I might be interested !