akropovik baffle

Simon Clarke

Reaction score
I have just got a new mt09 which came with a yamaha akropovik exhaust fitted. How do you get the baffles out?. I have undone the retaining screw and tried my best to pull it out but it won't budge. Should I try it when the exhaust is hot

RipGroove

Reaction score
Search on the forums mate, it's been covered a lot. Personally I had to take my exhaust off and knock it out from the inside with a piece of wood then dremel the crap out of the baffle itself until it slid in and out easily.

Sent from my iPhone

Swagger

Reaction score
Use a blind bearing puller. You won't get it out unless you go in through the rear of the muffler or use the puller.

MTom

Reaction score
yup had to tap the box off and then use a pole to knock it out from the other side

My exhaust in a vice getting mistreated :p

is worth it though

20150613_130139.jpg

tjoffe

Reaction score
I took a piece of pliers and a cloth and pulled it put while still on the bike. made a small dent in the lower tubes edge that is visible ONLY if you look hard.
Did take quite the pull tho. But no need too take it apart. Can strongly recomend the sanding down part befor refitting tho. Makes it a heck of a lot easier now to dismount/mount it. Takes about 2 min now :)
Good luck

Swagger

Reaction score
Grab it and yank it with grips if you like but you'll be very, very lucky if it moves ... and if it does it will leave marks but it is a baffle after all and doesn't really matter. Here's how I modified mine ... they slip in and out with barely any resistance now. That's the puller BTW in the picture.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited: