Ali

Ali

Reaction score
Hi all, I have recently loged on to MT09 forum and interested if any one can help. I have just run in my Tracer MT09 and gave it a bit of a squirt to find that it is speed governed to 191 ks /hr. It will pull full revs in 1-4 gears ie 11,250 however in 5 and 6, gears the governed speed of 191 comes up before max revs. Very disappointed as I had planned to do some track days. My local dealer,where I purchased my bike had no idea, however said they would look into it!
Cheers,
Ali

My Toy

Reaction score
G'day mate, welcome to the madhouse. Yes, the MT 09 and tracer are restricted in 5th and 6th. As far as I know the only way to remove the restriction is to have a custom flash done on the ecu
(There's plenty of info on here if you search[emoji6][emoji106])

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

Fluke

Reaction score
Hi mate and welcome aboard.
Ditto what My Toy said.
I've had the flash done and the fella told me the restriction was going to be removed as part of the process.

stevecbr

Reaction score
Yes, what the others said. As standard the MT will show around 141mph flat out (about 128mph in real life, gps confirmed)
A reflash will cost about £200.
I am not certain how quick they will go with the restriction removed, would be interested to find out!

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Yes, agree with what's been said already, you need a flash on your ecu to remove the restrictions, I have had mine done and am very pleased with it.

fizzy

Reaction score
Yes, what the others said. As standard the MT will show around 141mph flat out (about 128mph in real life, gps confirmed)
A reflash will cost about £200.
I am not certain how quick they will go with the restriction removed, would be interested to find out!
Top speed shows 175mph on the clocks on a dyno after the reflash with the restrictions removed in 5th and 6th gears:cool:

Ali

Reaction score
Ali, Tracer speed restriction

Thanks all re info on speed restriction. Need a bit more info on custom flash on ECU.
Next challenge is I live near Adelaide in Australia.
My local Yamaha dealer told me speed restriction is on, as Tracer ,s here come with panniers and cant take off speed restriction. So they are'nt going to be any help!
Cheers
Ali