Question Alternative panniers for a Tracer 900 GT?

Tim Tucker

Reaction score
I've just bought a 2019 Tracer 900 GT after my 2016 MT-09 Tracer was stolen earlier this year. The GT has the Yamaha panniers. They fit quickly and easily, but they're a bit small. You can't get a full face helmet in one for starters.

I had Givi V35 panniers with the removable frame on my previous bike. (Luckily not on it when it was stolen). I can get a new removable Givi frame for the 2019 bike, but it means I can no longer use the factory panniers. Does anyone know of any larger panniers that use the same mountings as the factory ones? One trick I've heard about is to use FJR 1300 panniers, but are there any other alternatives?

Cheers,

Tim

FJW

Reaction score
I've just bought a 2019 Tracer 900 GT after my 2016 MT-09 Tracer was stolen earlier this year. The GT has the Yamaha panniers. They fit quickly and easily, but they're a bit small. You can't get a full face helmet in one for starters.

I had Givi V35 panniers with the removable frame on my previous bike. (Luckily not on it when it was stolen). I can get a new removable Givi frame for the 2019 bike, but it means I can no longer use the factory panniers. Does anyone know of any larger panniers that use the same mountings as the factory ones? One trick I've heard about is to use FJR 1300 panniers, but are there any other alternatives?

Cheers,

Tim
Tim.
I use givi 35 on removable frames with a 50 litre giving top box. The Yamaha panniers just sit in the shed and will put them on when I upgrade. How do you like the new bike in comparison?
F

Tim Tucker

Reaction score
Tim.
I use givi 35 on removable frames with a 50 litre giving top box. The Yamaha panniers just sit in the shed and will put them on when I upgrade. How do you like the new bike in comparison?
F
I really like the new model. I had upgraded the suspension on 2016 bike, but I'm surprised by the handling on the new one. The longer swing arm really seems to suit the way I ride. From the little I've played with it, I can imagine that cruise control will be useful if you end up doing a lot of miles on dual carriageways. I prefer the new model's styling and smaller handlebar. All in all, I'm very impressed.