am I right to assume that headers are not suppoused be so blue (almost black) ?

MadGelo

Reaction score
where they connect to engine?
what could be wrong?
The bike is mapped, so shouldnt run lean/rich.

thank you

Bon

Reaction score
An observation, but you have an Ackrapovich Titanium/ carbon full system exhaust. You will probably find that it is a Titanium full system [with Carbon wrapped silencer] and the downpipes are either thin wall or nor dual walled therefore it will "Tarnish" with Blueing. Its not necessarially an indication of bad fuelling, its just that the pipes get very hot and therefore start to show signs of the heat that goes through them. Its nothing to be worried about and as Titanium is such a light but strong material that it can be manufactured for use [much like carbon fibre] in extremely light eg thin applications. Personally I find that it looks gorgeous the way it goes from blue to gold when it is heat treated ! Dude. I fcucking LOVE that exhaust ! If you are in any doubt, get it checked out to make sure the fueling is indeed correct.. Fcuck me. That was a deep reply. Ive got a headache coming on now lol !

Bon

Reaction score
Might well be a lighter gauge of Stainless then. Thats where the weight savings come from. The same would still apply as with titanium headers.

flipper

Reaction score
aftermarket headers are single skinned and will always blue with heat.

flipper

Reaction score
I meant the Sport Tracker, but that was wrong! Street Rally seat, same as mine. it's great.

MadGelo

Reaction score
SR yes.

Red stiching goes with the Akra logo, start button & edge on my numberplate:D

Bon

Reaction score
Just to let you know, was at Flitwick Yamaha this morning and as mine was in for recall headlight wiring, an MT came in with the same Akra pipe as yours. Same Blueing too. Its got Stainless headers and carbon can. Super light so that just proves that the headers are single skin and therefore will change colour. You can probably solvol it off but itll sure as hell come back again !! The Blueing is only the result of the thin skin and the very very hoy exhaust gasses. Kind of a heat treatment if you will. You take a piece of bright metal and heat it. As it warms up it will go from straw coloured to blue to orange then yellow then melt if enough heat is constantly applied. Hope this helps. It really is normal.