Another Screen question

martin watson

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been coverered (I have been searching the threads for the answer)
Is there actually a screen that works, I have a Street Rally and have fitted a Puig screen and find it directs the wind straight onto my helmet giving excessive buffeting, I've tried tap washers to try and alter the deflection angle but that Didn't make much difference, I'm thinking of going back to standard, has anyone had any success? I'm 5' 11'
Thanks

chump

Reaction score
the Yamaha flyscreen works for me, up to 3 figures at least.

Jetty

Reaction score
Hi - Any photos available of your screens on the Street Rally? Am also struggling to find a suitable one, that will fit over the SR plastics. Thanks. :)

martin watson

Reaction score
Hi - Any photos available of your screens on the Street Rally? Am also struggling to find a suitable one, that will fit over the SR plastics. Thanks. :)
I've taken off the centre section and fitted it as it would be on a normal MT, It's a Puig, i've tried spacers to raise it but that seems worse as far as buffeting goes, someone else has fitted it onto the centre section as says that works as it's a fair bit higher but does mean drilling holes. Not sure how to post pics on here but send me your email and i'll mail you.

Jetty

Reaction score
Hi - Ok, thanks. That would be great. There was a Powerbronze screen on mine, fitted on top of the plastics, when I got it, but I hated it. At the time I also experienced serious wobble from around 85+, but that could well have been wind direction and/or the tyres. I just put the bolts back into the holes made for the screen. Could be worse. My email is; [email protected] Any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks

Justin

martin watson

Reaction score
Hi - Ok, thanks. That would be great. There was a Powerbronze screen on mine, fitted on top of the plastics, when I got it, but I hated it. At the time I also experienced serious wobble from around 85+, but that could well have been wind direction and/or the tyres. I just put the bolts back into the holes made for the screen. Could be worse. My email is; [email protected] Any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks

Justin
Did you hate the look or did it still cause buffeting? If so I'm just going to take mine off and go back to standard, pics on their way

Jetty

Reaction score
Hated the look. The screen was perhaps too narrow and tall, and just looked out of place. After removal, most(if not all) the buffeting disappeared, leaving behind clean air straight into my lid and upper body. Its ok for the odd squirt, but gets a bit of a nuisance after several miles. At least its clean and not buffeting. I am after a screen that will attach to the top middle plastics. The genuine Yamaha MT-09 one looks ok, connects to four bolts beneath the plastics as for every MT-09. I'm wondering if it can be put on using the bolts holding the plastics on...The price is a bit high just to try...

I'd suggest taking it off and trying it without anything for a few rides. Maybe you'll not find it too bad...

Whilst abroad this summer I did find that my quite low tank bag took away a bit of wind too, despite being my side of the clocks. It was placed so that I could still see the clocks, and I'm quite short.

chump

Reaction score
keep an eye on ebay. mine was £35, looks like new. works much better than the Ermax and Givi I have tried.

martin watson

Reaction score
Taken it off all together and back to standard Street Rally Front, no buffeting :)