Anyone adjusted position of stock handlebars?

RipGroove

Reaction score
As above, keep thinking about rotating my bars forward a little to get a little more weight over the front. Anyone done that?

Sent from outer space

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I rotated mine forward a bit, so i could fit a gear change button under the bars without catching the tank. Certainly puts you forward a bit.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I rotated mine forward a bit, so i could fit a gear change button under the bars without catching the tank. Certainly puts you forward a bit.
Cool, no clearance issues with the tank on full lock then?

MT-Pete

Reaction score
Funny you should say that, I'd been thinking about rotating the bars forward for a while. To me, they looked like they'd been fitted wrong - rotated too far back. I looked for alignment marks (a lot of manufacturers put little centre punch marks on the bars for everything to be lined up to) but couldn't see any. Yesterday I rotated them forwards a until I felt they were comfortable. Warning though, you can only go so far forward before the front brake master cylinder touches the instrument cluster, so then you have to adjust that, then the clutch lever so the levers are at the same angle. You can't adjust the switchgear though, it's pegged in position.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Only problem I see is that it looks like tilting them forward also raises the height of the grips, kind of having the opposite of the effect I'm after.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Funny you should say that, I'd been thinking about rotating the bars forward for a while. To me, they looked like they'd been fitted wrong - rotated too far back. I looked for alignment marks (a lot of manufacturers put little centre punch marks on the bars for everything to be lined up to) but couldn't see any. Yesterday I rotated them forwards a until I felt they were comfortable. Warning though, you can only go so far forward before the front brake master cylinder touches the instrument cluster, so then you have to adjust that, then the clutch lever so the levers are at the same angle. You can't adjust the switchgear though, it's pegged in position.
Hmmm, will have a look when I get a chance.

My Toy

Reaction score
Just seen your post re street rally footpegs, I can guess the rest.