Anyone with a Tracer in or near West London? Custom parts coming ...

Chaz

Reaction score
So, not sure if anyone has seen my thread in the main MT09 / Custom forums?

It started with me asking what parts people might be interested in and I was asked to look at something like the Yahama bar risers that are fairly pricy (£200 for a set).

So long story short, came up with a 3 part riser system which includes an optional plate that can be used for mounting custom stuff.

I own an MT09 and dont have access to a Tracer. Id be willing to provide someone with these parts for 50% cost if they are able to help me with accurate measurements or either bring the bike to me to measure up.

Also, can people let me know what they think is a fair cost for these, please be realistic. There is a lot of work and investment in machines / tooling needed. I have an idea but would like for some verification before I start buying material and some tooling I need for this.

So, some pics below as well as a quick video showing how they would go together. Please note the parts are not drawn to accurate measurements, I can only do this once I have fully measured up. Also, the glass texture is used to show the part as transparent. The final products will be aluminium, either polished or as machined. I am speaking to a company locally to anodise.

[video=youtube;CEB1g64fKJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEB1g64fKJw[/video]

This is what the plate looks like roughly:-

Thanks

Chaz

Reaction score
Anyone else able to help please? Ian McColl seems to have gone AWOL, hope he is OK.

Ive got material coming tomorrow, so want to machine the first parts this weekend if possible but need measurements. Ideally and at minimum, the distance between the 2 bolts and their thickness. For the plate Ill need more but happy to go to that later.

Thanks

Corie509

Reaction score
Tracer help

Hi mate,

I'm not too far from you in Hanwell and I have a Tracer, I was thinking of getting Bar risers too.
Get in touch if you still need some help with the measurements.

Chaz

Reaction score
Hi mate,

I'm not too far from you in Hanwell and I have a Tracer, I was thinking of getting Bar risers too.
Get in touch if you still need some help with the measurements.
Yes, please. Would you either be able to do some accurate measuring or come to me so that I can do that? The weather is semi crappy on the weekend but probably some parts that will be OK. You are only a few miles down the road, the measuring will also be fairly quick.

Otherwise tomorrow evening might suit.

I am happy to provide you with a set for 50% cost for your time if we go ahead and make some. If I can get measurements asap, I may be able to cut the first set by this weekend. I have material, just need measurements.

Thanks

Chaz

Reaction score
Thanks to Corie509, I now have some measurements.

We also spoke about the risers and couldnt really see the benefit that the expensive Yamaha ones added apart from perhaps a small increase in height and some forward / backwards adjustment.

I did mill some, just uploading some pics.

We looked at the design and we came up with a different idea and that is to keep the existing system and add in a smaller spacer below, lift the whole lot around 25mm and then have an optional top plate which will integrate into the replacement clamps.

And then the new design below:-