Are 3 wheels better than 2?

Gruffalo

Reaction score
[video=youtube;ERpQ6_NQGPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERpQ6_NQGPM[/video]

The new Yamaha 3 wheeler

The only way I can see this catching on is if you can ride it without a bike license.

Last edited:

andz

Reaction score
How wide is it? Can you lane split? If no then you might as well be in a car.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I think it could just be another Yamaha overpriced flop in the end, the concept is ok but who really wants it

Rob_h

Reaction score
OMG.... my eyes, my eyes, what on earth would you do that for? - what has been seen can not be unseen! Shakes head in wonder, obviously a very specific marketing campaign required to sell these.

flying circus

Reaction score
In answer too original post in the U.K. I would suspect you could ride it without a bike licence as its not a motorcycle. Not even a cbt required in my personal opinion this is brilliant in a country that requires a licence to do anything finally a bit of freedom. Never know it could lead to a motor racing world champ!
Of course people will play the health and safety card... when I'm in Greece I love to see kids on mopeds shorts flip flops and shades brilliant.... Darwinism idiots fall by the wayside, more mad bikes please.

Wynner

Reaction score
Amazing how they wheelie those C90s at thirteen!
Why haven't we had a Greek MotoGP rider?

Steely

Reaction score
Looks amazing! It looks like a bike, and you can lean it, but I'd like to know how far. I'd really like to have a test ride. Possible advantages:

Double the amount of rubber on the floor at the front, meaning you're never likely to be lacking grip. Very little chance of ever losing the front end. Braking performance should be phenomenal. And tyre wear is split between two tyres.
For the, erm, more "mature" rider who's struggling to hold up two-wheelers, it could be a way of staying on the road for longer.

As for width, and lane-splitting ability, it appears to be no wider overall than the handlebars.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Amazing how they wheelie those C90s at thirteen!
Why haven't we had a Greek MotoGP rider?
Because most of the young "spirited" greek riders are loosing their lives in crash-accidents.
Only a few lucky kids have the opportunity to learn about "sensible or safe riding" as students in a riding school and get practice lessons on a track..
Also there aren't nice tracks here except "Serres" which is located in north Greece..
So, sadly we have no "educated" riders.
I learn how to do wheelies 35 years ago but i learn how to turn 15 years ago at CSS (California Superbike School).. I've been riding since 1984 but i got used to always wear a helmet in 2000...
Now everybody has a helmet, half of them always wear it, when the other half use it only the cold days. But most accidents happened during spring, summer, autumn...

As about three wheelers, they used to be common day-by-day. Their "target group" of customers are the urban car drivers. Three wheelers would give them flexible and quick transportation in and around city traffic conditions.
Allthough they don't have any appeal to real bikers.
Another phenomenon is the scooters. They are suitable for female riders, lawers and people in general who like to send sms while riding, which is increase the accident factor 60 times!
So, IMO i don't think that three wheelers are safer than motorcycles... also they aren't so fast and quick and light and cheap... etc. etc. etc...