Are these bikes actually shifting?

bikergirl400

Reaction score
I know it's a bad time of year but I can't believe anyone is able to sell anything out there ATM! I'd let mine go at £6500 which makes it one of the cheapest out there with zero interest. Are these bikes actually shifting???
BTW It's in grey, 12k miles, 2015 with Akrapovic and more if anyone is interested :p

pavc

Reaction score
When I bought mine in Sept, decided to buy new as what places were asking for s/h and what I could get for my old bike in trade in between dealers, it was not worth buying s/h.

flydnb

Reaction score
Mileage is not that low on yours either , 12k is like 3 or 4 years mileage when you think the average biker only does 3k a year as most bikers over 125 tend to be fair weather summer bikers , there are plenty of low mileage 09s for under 5k , Its probably worth putting your original exhaust back on and selling your akra seperately because the exhaust adds no value and can put off a lot of buyers .

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

bikergirl400

Reaction score
Hmm, the 09 is more popular than the tracer too. If someone was to wave 5800 at me then I'd take it.
It's funny as I always wonder when people try to sell for more than a bike is worth and now I'm guilty of being sucked in by circumstance and having to sell. I intended this to be my five year bike as it does everything I want.
My sob story of redundancy and broken leg is pushing me to the classifieds!! Just found out we're expecting our first child and whilst I own another bike anyway the sensible me is already taking hold!!
Does anyone know if you can fit a sidecar to a Tracer?! ?

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Average biker does 3 or 4k a year?? if that is the miles of an average biker they are not a biker at all. Sorry I have nearly done that kind of mileage in a week.
I have a mate has three bikes, he has just sold his 2011 Z1000SX it had just under 90,000 miles on it. My last three bikes I have put on 19,500, Honda CBF 1000, that was in 18 months, 18,000 on my Z1000SX in just over a year, my FZ1 was a low miler for me but still notched up 12,000 again in 18 months. My current MT 09, 6,000 miles in 13 months now this is low mileage for me as I was with out the bike for a good while as I moved from Spain to France.

bikergirl400

Reaction score
Hmm, the 09 is more popular than the tracer too. If someone was to wave 5800 at me then I'd take it.
It's funny as I always wonder when people try to sell for more than a bike is worth and now I'm guilty of being sucked in by circumstance and having to sell. I intended this to be my five year bike as it does everything I want.
My sob story of redundancy and broken leg is pushing me to the classifieds!! Just found out we're expecting our first child and whilst I own another bike anyway the sensible me is already taking hold!!
Does anyone know if you can fit a sidecar to a Tracer?! ��
I wasn't going to say anything about this but totally agree! Maybe it's the all season London biker in me ;p

bikergirl400

Reaction score
Average biker does 3 or 4k a year?? if that is the miles of an average biker they are not a biker at all. Sorry I have nearly done that kind of mileage in a week.
I have a mate has three bikes, he has just sold his 2011 Z1000SX it had just under 90,000 miles on it. My last three bikes I have put on 19,500, Honda CBF 1000, that was in 18 months, 18,000 on my Z1000SX in just over a year, my FZ1 was a low miler for me but still notched up 12,000 again in 18 months. My current MT 09, 6,000 miles in 13 months now this is low mileage for me as I was with out the bike for a good while as I moved from Spain to France.
I wasn't going to say anything about this but totally agree! Maybe it's the all season London biker in me ;p

Reaction score
I don't think there's much of anything moving at the moment, bad time of year for bike weather anyway but economy, brexit, christmas coming up, and the new shape MT09 is out in a couple of months, i think most people who have £6000 upwards to spend will be wanting the newer MT10 looking 09.

Personally i prefer the current shape, thats why i just bought one! the 2017 style is a bit too blingy and 'wannabe MV' for me.

Jetty

Reaction score
I don't think there's much of anything moving at the moment, bad time of year for bike weather anyway but economy, brexit, christmas coming up, and the new shape MT09 is out in a couple of months, i think most people who have £6000 upwards to spend will be wanting the newer MT10 looking 09.

Personally i prefer the current shape, thats why i just bought one! the 2017 style is a bit too blingy and 'wannabe MV' for me.
Yup. Think you're pretty much right there. When you look at it, right now there's quite a lot against selling an MT, that also have little to do with the actual MT. I've doubled the miles on my recently bought '15 plate one, to just over 10k. Fortunately I love it and shall hang onto it for quite a few more. At the moment prefer the one headlight, waiting for the MT-10 look to grow on me, which in time likely will. Lets also remember that the MT-09 was a cheap bike in the first place. Whilst I spent £5800 with an Acrapovich, my pals are spending £10k+ on stuff they use less and certainly have less fun on. Weekly, I am finding people who absolutely love my Street Rally and at least two are on the verge of buying one, or at least a standard model. So, on that basis, there will be second hand sales...just perhaps not now until next March.

Soapy

Reaction score
My Insurance money eventually came through and as luck would have it this came up locally. Same age and mileage as my old one, it's a 2014 but not ABS.
Has a lot of extra bits. Akro exhaust, Screen, Shorty Levers, Powerbronze Bellypan, Renntec Grabrail, Tail Tidy, Radiator Guard and an Ohlins Rear Shock all for £5500. I know I could have got one cheaper if I was willing to travel but this one was only 8 miles from my door.