Aussie ECU part number

sporti

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone either currently has, or is planning to have their tank off in the near future.

I need to find out the part number of the AU ECU.

I've failed to come up with anything as far as the interweb is concerned.

Thanks in advance....

sporti

Reaction score
Just checking to see compatibility for flashing.

I don't know what's different, if anything, but I still need the part number.

Thanks stunva, that'd be awesome mate

stunva

Reaction score
I didn't get under the tank on the weekend but I asked the dealer and he gave me this number 1RC-8591A-00 ($1251.26).

sporti

Reaction score
Champion!

Thank you very much :)

...now off to see if I can get this happening down here....

stunva

Reaction score
Let me know how you go, it didn't sound real positive from Stoltec,

I'm keen to get 5 - 6 sorted, remove the speed limiter and just clean up the throttle.

jambocool

Reaction score
^ Sounds good to me as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sporti

Reaction score
That's pretty much what I was told.

I have emailed a couple of companies outlining the issue & the potential profitability from developing this product locally. I've even offered my bike (or one of my mates) as a test mule.

I will certainly keep this thread updated as information comes to hand.

Last edited:

sporti

Reaction score
I just received a text back from a WA shop, it's preliminary at this point, but...........

"Thanks for your email, I'll do some enquiring to see if we can crack this bikes ECU.

Stand by for my reply!"

Again, I'll update as information comes to hand.

In my email I specified the current lack of availability on AU, the ability for it to be done (proven in the US), the sale volumes of this bike in the local market, the obvious profitability by obtaining a quality product based on sales, so hopefully, we'll get a positive response....

Watch this space.

jambocool

Reaction score
*subscribed*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stunva

Reaction score
I just received a text back from a WA shop, it's preliminary at this point, but...........

"Thanks for your email, I'll do some enquiring to see if we can crack this bikes ECU.

Stand by for my reply!"

Again, I'll update as information comes to hand.

In my email I specified the current lack of availability on AU, the ability for it to be done (proven in the US), the sale volumes of this bike in the local market, the obvious profitability by obtaining a quality product based on sales, so hopefully, we'll get a positive response....

Watch this space.
Good stuff, well done. It'd be awesome to tune from a laptop too but I'd be happy with a reflash for starters.

sporti

Reaction score
Sorry at present it is not possible to copy out the program for your model and then design a map better ma
The European Motorcycle manufactures at present don’t change the protocols much in the ECU not like the Japanese
They develop different ECU protocols for each year and is difficult to make a map for changed programs within the ECU
Meaning one could develop a map for one bike and even though it’s the same model the map may not be compatible and may lock up the ecu due to the lack of check sums and addresses
Rexxer is working on some Yamaha models like the R1 but is difficult
Sorry we are unable to help

This from the 2nd company I contacted. I'll keep trying until I get a yes!

tox

Reaction score
Sporti. I will try dyno time and motorcycle masters.

sporti

Reaction score
I don't think that will work, based on the info I recieved from Nick at Stoltec.

The US part number is different & the US bikes don't have a coded key....

It's early days yet :)

sporti

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have followed up with one of the companies I enquired with a couple of weeks ago.

The good news is I can organise an ECU flash in Perth. The cost associated with this is $495.

As I don't have access to my bike at present, I need someone's help to confirm 100% that this can be done.

What I need is a couple of photos of the ECU, 1 of the pinout, 1 of the part number & I need to know who the manufacturer of the ECU is, ie. DENSO.

If anyone can help out with this info, I & I assume a lot of others in AU will be very greatful.

Thanks in advance..........

Schultzy

Reaction score
I'll be taking the tank off this weekend hopefully. Will take some photos if I do.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

tox

Reaction score
Just got back from the bike shop. Asked all the questions,guess what I got back. F@ck all. Said the dont have a manual that will show a close up of the pin layout. But my ecu is a denso. I know that for sure.