Aussie MT09'ers - interest in Hyperpro Street Box group buy?

psssi98

Reaction score
Hey all,

Wondering if there is anyone considering a Hyperpro street box and might be interested in a group buy? I have been in touch with the Aussie importer who tells me he doesn't stock them and won't know when he will so got on to epm performance in the states who stock them. Their shelf price is $699 US for the kit and $115 US to ship and have asked them if they are interested in a group buy to reduce unit price and shipping and if so how many would be needed.

So just gauging interest at this stage and trying to see if I can nail down a deal with them?

Anyone? Bueller?

Schultzy

Reaction score
Hey all,

Wondering if there is anyone considering a Hyperpro street box and might be interested in a group buy? I have been in touch with the Aussie importer who tells me he doesn't stock them and won't know when he will so got on to epm performance in the states who stock them. Their shelf price is $699 US for the kit and $115 US to ship and have asked them if they are interested in a group buy to reduce unit price and shipping and if so how many would be needed.

So just gauging interest at this stage and trying to see if I can nail down a deal with them?

Anyone? Bueller?
id be interested in hearing more....ive seen these around but Ive no idea how good itd be - anyone installed one?

They obviously wouldnt be as good as replacing your whole setup but the price difference is more than half and its not a big enough problem for me to spend 2K on - might be good value for money?

Its the front end I have most problems with so if there are good improvements there id be interested.

psssi98

Reaction score
Have not heard any reviews comparing the options out there but have always been happy with their gear on other bikes I've owned.

There is a basic and advanced Ohlins kit out there too (and Nitron and Maxton) - the Ohlins basic (rear shock, fork springs and oil) was closer to a grand and the advanced kit (adds valves to the springs) was more like $1300 before you ship it.

You could always add something like Race Tech gold valves to the front but I think mostly the front is just too soft in the spring, fix that and a slight oil change to suit and it would be much better, the rear shock is only fixable by removing and fitting something much better if you ask me.

Schultzy

Reaction score
If I was going to replace the back shock id also want the 461 with preload adjuster - wonder if you can upgrade it/what the cost is

flipper

Reaction score
Have not heard any reviews comparing the options out there but have always been happy with their gear on other bikes I've owned.

There is a basic and advanced Ohlins kit out there too (and Nitron and Maxton) - the Ohlins basic (rear shock, fork springs and oil) was closer to a grand and the advanced kit (adds valves to the springs) was more like $1300 before you ship it.

You could always add something like Race Tech gold valves to the front but I think mostly the front is just too soft in the spring, fix that and a slight oil change to suit and it would be much better, the rear shock is only fixable by removing and fitting something much better if you ask me.
springs help but the real problem is lack of any compression damping.

psssi98

Reaction score
Heard back from them - 5 buyers = 15% off or free shipping.

Thats $796 aud with free shipping option or $788 with the 15% option.

Last edited:

Thunder Child

Reaction score
Is this the street box with the emulsion shock thing?

I'm kinda part interested but I'm tempted to go the Nitron route as a DIY and then pay someone to do the forks because they're a little too fiddly for my liking.

Last edited:

flipper

Reaction score
Hyperpro do not have an emulsion shock for the MT09. It is a full De Carbon unit. .