Auxiliary connector location

woodie100

Reaction score
Hi John,

Good to hear from you again. I can’t find the Aux plug on the right side at all so as a temporary (as in I fully intend to re wire it once I find a switched live supply) I’ve wired it to work regardless whether the ignition is on or not. So you imagine just how chuffed I was to discover this Aux plug! I have now got the correct plug ready to re wire the DLR but can’t find the plug on the bike anywhere! Would it be tucked behind or folded up under the tank? Or maybe as I have heated grips, it’s being used already? The 1st picture I took had 3 connections is that standard or has the Aux connection already been used? i.e. is it standard to have 3 plug in connections like the first picture I uploaded ?
Sorry to be a pain but I know 100% it’s only a matter of time before I leave them on by mistake and then have a flat battery!!
😤😤

Cheers
JonB

JohnD

Reaction score
I have the tracer and the plugs are under the dash. Two grey 2 amp and two square ones. Factory heated grips use one of these plugs, dont know which one though.

woodie100

Reaction score
O ok so how do I access these plugs? Do I have to remove the screen? Surely I don’t have to lift the lcd display?
JonB

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Remove screen, then remove the plate the screen screws to, then there's a cover that is removed with some plastic lugs that you push the centres to release. The plugs are easily accessible underneath that.

This is on the Tracer though, not sure if the MT is slightly different but wouldn't have thought by much,

woodie100

Reaction score
Hi Otters pocket!
I actually do have a Tracer on a 16 plate. I also have the larger Givi touring screen (On there when I bought the bike)
I will have a look when I’m off next (work shifts)
Thanks for the info tho!
Cheers
JonB

woodie100

Reaction score
JohnD,
That's perfect thanks!! I actually managed to rewire the DRL yesterday (only just seen your post this morning!!) but all went well and the lights now go off with the ignition. Think I'm pretty much done with mods now so happy happy happy!!
Thanks again for you're input and guidance/help, very much appreciated.

JonB

woodie100

Reaction score
I have the tracer and the plugs are under the dash. Two grey 2 amp and two square ones. Factory heated grips use one of these plugs, dont know which one though.
I only found 2 round and one square plugs free so guessing the grips are using the other square plug although I didn't see it!
JonB

Tezmondo

Reaction score
This is what and where you are looking
View attachment 5884
Hi just got my tracer and new to the forum so sorry to ask again....
Could I wire Oxford heated grips in to these connectors?
Which connector do you use - grey round or black square?
What bullet type connectors would you need to use to fit in grey connectors and where do you get them from.
Thanks for any help.

JohnD

Reaction score

Tezmondo

Reaction score
Thanks for that...
I have found the plugs behind the screen and have two grey and one black available; the white Is being used by a 12v power supply. I want to fit some Oxford heated grips, my Garmin sat nav and a usb charger; does any know which plug is best to use for each item listed?
Also, the wire colours are all slightly different, what colour is live and what is neutral.
Do I need to change the fuses to 5amp if opting for the grey plugs.
Thanks again for any help.