bad vibes

big ade

Reaction score
riding back on the motorway , for about 40 mins
found the bars vibe a bit, by the time i got home my right hand was numb .....
just picked up the bike, so taking it steady , about 70 all the way.

anyone else got vibrating handle bars ?

fizzy

Reaction score
riding back on the motorway , for about 40 mins
found the bars vibe a bit, by the time i got home my right hand was numb .....
just picked up the bike, so taking it steady , about 70 all the way.

anyone else got vibrating handle bars ?
Not had any problems with mine mate

Davy

Reaction score
Yes, I get that. I think it's since I put the Street Rally handguards on my MT09 or maybe that was just coincidence. Mostly my right hand, I've kind of learned to grip the throttle a bit lighter and move my hand when I get the chance. I'll be taking the guards off in a while so I'll know for sure then.

Last edited:

Timo50

Reaction score
No vibration through the bars, I do get vibration through the foot pegs, but its nothing major.

shigidar

Reaction score
i have those also, both hands getting numb. already put 2500 km on the bike, found that it mostly make my hands numb at the 5000-6000 rpm, range.
I will try to change the handlebar weights for another ones and may be the grips also

Timo50

Reaction score
Maybe a daft question, have you checked that all the bolts, etc are tight?

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
I get the same thing! Numbness after about 30min constant riding. I even change the grips for Domino ones but still get the numbness :( Never had this on my XT660X

M

MT account

right thumb goes numb a lot, i just waggle it about when going back down the mountains n its fine by the time im going back up....

GRAHAM TRACER 15

Reaction score
Check that your chain is lubed, I did a tour of wales last year on a 1250 Bandit which is a very smooth bike but one day could not ride it for more than 20 minutes without severe vibes making fingers numb, looked at the chain and was dry after 350 of wet/dry weather riding, wiped it and lubed and back to silky smooth again, that simple :D

Boab Dreeps

Reaction score
Get yourself one of these:
throttle aid / Cramp buster | eBay

I got my licence just over a year ago.
First thing I noticed about longer distance riding was right hand thumb numbing.
This bit of moulded plastic saved the day.
You use the heel of your hand to set the throttle position, so no need to grip the bar.
Less than a tenner and problrm solved.

My mate who has had bikes for years, hates it.
Maybe I reaped the benefit of not getting used to a conventional way of managing the throttle position.

GRAHAM TRACER 15

Reaction score
I have just done a 700 mile tour of mid wales with one of those throttle assist devices and can report that theyr are brilliant, they reduce vibration by way of a lighter grip on the throttle and also prevent aching tired wrist muscles, I cannot recommend highly enough

sedavbe

Reaction score
Vibes between 4-5k revs

I've noticed strange vibes between 4-5k then it evens out over 5.
Three solutions, if you feel it in the handlebars then get some weights on, if you feel it in the pegs then get some with rubber on, last just keep it running over 5k;)
BTW that lazy throttle poor mans cruise control should be banned or only sold to Harley owners, watch out if you need to do an emergency braking.