Battery dead, time for a new one

2pumps

Reaction score
Guys, hoping to get a steer on a new battery, mines dead so I need to get a new one, what's the alternatives to a OEM one ?

Yamohlin

Reaction score
Battery suggestion

Guys, hoping to get a steer on a new battery, mines dead so I need to get a new one, what's the alternatives to a OEM one ?
I would suggest a Motobatt with it good quality and has connections both sides, useful for GPS etc.

nibor

Reaction score
I have experienced a similar problem where the 18 months old standard battery failed to start the engine, even though I had used the bike a week before. If the problem recurs I would therefore be inclined to fit a more powerful Yuasa battery than that fitted as standard to our MT0-9's.

I suggest you read my post No.16 (1/12/2017) under the thread heading "Battery" in MT0-9 Technical which details the dimensions etc. of the more powerful Yuasa battery which appears to fit the MT0-9 providing the extra 17mm height isn't a problem.

Hope this helps.

2pumps

Reaction score
I have experienced a similar problem where the 18 months old standard battery failed to start the engine, even though I had used the bike a week before. If the problem recurs I would therefore be inclined to fit a more powerful Yuasa battery than that fitted as standard to our MT0-9's.

I suggest you read my post No.16 (1/12/2017) under the thread heading "Battery" in MT0-9 Technical which details the dimensions etc. of the more powerful Yuasa battery which appears to fit the MT0-9 providing the extra 17mm height isn't a problem.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for all the info guys, looks like a Motobatt is in order.

Hexme

Reaction score
Not sure what everyone else does but for any periods greater than overnight between commutes, for example weekends and longer I always plug my bike into my optimiser, Can't recall ever having a malfunctioning battery of recent years, perhaps I've been lucky?