Battery terminals loose.

kev

Reaction score
I've just been connecting the lead for some heated gloves. put the live onto the solenoid so as not loose the connection so the clock stays on, then earth to battery, the bolt was finger tight? checked the live and it was loose, I don't know how it's run since getting it new last May, it went in for the 600 mile service, that's when they didn't put enough oil in and the warning light came on 10 miles down the road.
I found a square red terminal cover, anyone know where that belongs? all I can say is well done "J & S DONCASTER"

bobh

Reaction score
The red cover over the positive terminal on my bike is moulded to fit around the lead, so it's not at all square. I know this because I fitted a charging lead, and had to cut a slot in it.

Some batteries come with a square red cover over the positive terminal, so it's possible the dealer just left it in the battery compartment rather than disposing of it on fitting the battery when they prepped the bike. It sounds like they didn't do a very thorough job of that!

woodie100

Reaction score
Hopefully it’s just that simple!! Wish dealers would do the job that a main dealer charges for!!!