Best and Worst MPG from your bike?

Spot

Reaction score
I was just reviewing my fuelly figures and I seem to be averaging 48 MPG.
However.... I've managed to get a best of 86 MPG on a rainy day when I put it in B mode and ended up on a huge stretch of motorway roadworks which limited me to 50mph because of average speed cameras and I've managed a worst of 35 MPG when I did lots of short trips and thrashed the nuts off it.
What range of figures are you guys seeing?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"My fuelly" recons I avg about 42mpg but to be honest as long as I get 100 miles out of a tank I'm happy pmsl

Birdy

Reaction score
I can JUST do a full week back and fore work.....160 miles !!! on a tank , but the fuel light has been flashing for about 30 miles, and that was winter , in B mode and riding like a resident of ...lets say Bournemouth , for flys sake !:D To be honest , its easier to just fill up mid week..less stress !!

stevecbr

Reaction score
I use fuelly to, best is 55mpg (2 tanks used on motorway at legal speeds), worst is 45mpg. Obviously the mpg on the trip is optimistic, that has read around 60mpg

jezthomas

Reaction score
I get over 60mpg because I'm slow and keep it on 'B'oring mode. I'm new to bikes. I thought the dash was bust cos the eco sign never goes off. 2 weeks in so STD is on the cards soon.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Worst I've seen (on a members bike on my MT Facebook group)! was under 10mpg lol.

Last edited:

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Did my first consumption check today, actual mileage was done on a very wet Sunday at the beginning of this week.
Just kept her in B Mode , filled the tank right up to the neck although she was not dropping anything I could see from the overflow pipe(assume that is one of the hoses on the left hand side by the side stand) went for a bimble 92.1 kms and filled her up again to the neck. She took 4.21 ltrs or .93 of a gallon in old money converting to British units that was a return of 53.53 or 57.56 MPG.
As I say I was just plodding along. I am sure if one gives it some right wrist that figure could well be nearly halved.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I did that yesterday 5 of us out for a ride 900 hornet, 600 CBR. FZ6 & A900 Bonnie, I am not quick but on roads like this no one got near meDSC_0898.jpg

Crazytown

Reaction score
This isn't the kind of bike u buy if ur "worried" about mpg lol
Too right.

More concerned about keeping the driving license (2 weeks of penalty free riding here and I drop 12 points - get 24 here in Singapore and you get BANNED :( )