Need Help best screen to eliminate high speed wobble

Quintonmeadows

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I have recently switched from a fully faired Z1000SX to a 2019 MT09SP.
I love the bike but the buffeting on the motorway was a bit of a shock coming from my Z1000SX.
Fitted a PUIG touring screen and now i noticed that if I accidentally exceed 90 or so the bikes head starts shaking and frankly I don't like it.

Seen a lot of posts recommending the Powerbonze sport screen but need clarification as "sport screen" isn't on their site.
Is it the "adventure sport screen" or the "light screen 325mm" or even "light screen 365mm"?
https://www.powerbronze.co.uk/catal...r_id=&from=category&model=MT-09&p=1&year=2019

Any help appreciated as I need to get this PUIG TOURING screen off ASAP.
Cheers
Dave

stevecbr

Reaction score
Have you tried removing the screen and trying it without one fitted? I had the speed wobble issue years ago, when I swapped tyres. Turned out the MT09 is very sensitive to different tyre brands, when i swapped to Michelin road 5's the issue totally went away and never returned (I swapped to Pilot Road 3's when the bike had done 6000 miles and thats when the problem started. Swapped to the Road 5's and it had never happened since. My 2013 MT09 has now done 40,000 miles and it hasnt ever happened again).
I had the genuine Yamaha screen fitted from new