Best Seat?

Chaz

Reaction score
So, I like this bike. I dislike the seat.

Of course this will personal and subjective.

Options are:- Sport Tracker seat, nice, was cheap, now expensive, flat, solves the sliding forward problem but still hard?
Bagster
Top Sellerie - YAMAHA MT-09 - Deluxe seats, petrol tank covers, tank bags [Rates for an order from : UNITED STATES]

What else? Id like to try and keep this bike for as long as possible, so comfort / versatility is key. Dont mind spending a bit extra for something good.

Or go custom (UK)?

MTom

Reaction score

Options are:- Sport Tracker seat, nice, was cheap, now expensive, flat, solves the sliding forward problem but still hard?
Bagster
Top Sellerie - YAMAHA MT-09 - Deluxe seats, petrol tank covers, tank bags [Rates for an order from : UNITED STATES]

What else? Id like to try and keep this bike for as long as possible, so comfort / versatility is key. Dont mind spending a bit extra for something good.

Or go custom (UK)?
Ive just ordered the Yamaha comfort seat. I can do about 175 miles on the normal seat wearing textile trousers but struggle doing 20 in my armoured jeans! (nuts on tank job)

Ive heard the comfort seat isnt massively better than the original but couldnt make my mind up on a true after market one. Im riding to Luxembourg from the midlands at the end of the month so i hope it does the job. (well the half dozen fuel stops will help :D )

Chaz

Reaction score
Ye, have also heard the Yamaha seat is 'OK' but not great. Its not cheap either, so might as well look elsewhere. A few threads that Im checking now along similar lines to get some feedback from users of actual replacement seats.

RatHead

Reaction score
There is also the Sargent seat.

I think the only way to ensure you get comfort is to get one custom built for your height, weight, build etc.

Although I am UK based I had mine done in the US by Seth Laam.

The seat doesn't look like an armchair like a lot of custom seats do, but the seat is a lot wider towards the front of the seat, to spread the load better.

Chaz

Reaction score
There is also the Sargent seat.

I think the only way to ensure you get comfort is to get one custom built for your height, weight, build etc.

Although I am UK based I had mine done in the US by Seth Laam.

The seat doesn't look like an armchair like a lot of custom seats do, but the seat is a lot wider towards the front of the seat, to spread the load better.
Thanks, any pics?

I used a Sargeant on my Multistrada, wider and lower. Dont mind this, the Bagster ones look 'good' and suitable. I like that they are flat and wide.

KJCOX

Reaction score
Has anyone used the SHAD MT09 seat? I'm thinking of trying one but would be interested in feedback if someone has already got one in use.

RatHead

Reaction score
No pictures of mine to hand at the moment but it is similar in appearance to this

My New Seth Laam Seat

but mine is probably a bit wider nearer the front and the "scoop" moved forward an inch or two (tailored to my height, weight, inseam etc after a chat with the Seth).

Fluke

Reaction score
Stay away from the Yam comfort seat, they're a real rip off. All they do is put a little strip of gel in the seat and it does fuck all.
I had a nice man near Brighton alter my seat for me by cutting out some of the standard hard foam and replacing it with a memory foam.
He also widened it a bit as I found the standard a bit narrow
He did it while I waited and I'm very happy.
Call him on 01273 491362

Chaz

Reaction score
Stay away from the Yam comfort seat, they're a real rip off. All they do is put a little strip of gel in the seat and it does fuck all.
I had a nice man near Brighton alter my seat for me by cutting out some of the standard hard foam and replacing it with a memory foam.
He also widened it a bit as I found the standard a bit narrow
He did it while I waited and I'm very happy.
Call him on 01273 491362

Cool thanks, that would be Sussex bikes, definitely one of the best options that I can see, certainly value for money.

Fluke

Reaction score
Certainly is Sussex bikes, great value and wonderfully quirky service if you go there in person

rusty

Reaction score

Bagster

Or go custom (UK)?
Just come across this post of yours while waiting to hear from you re my Corbin saddle, so thought I'd tell you what I think about the Corbin.
I first had a Corbin on a Honda Pan European 1100 which I had for 6 years. I regularly toured Europe 2 up with 2weeks luggage. I could ride the bike 300 to 400 miles per day without any problems. I find the same on the MT-09. when I bought the bike I could only ride 50 to 60 miles on either the standard seat or the comfort seat before arse ache set in. since fitting the Corbin seat I only stop for petrol or a pee. Corbin seats are not cheap but they are worth every penny in my opinion. Not sure what bike I will buy next but It will have a Corbin saddle as soon as one becomes available. If you do buy my Corbin you won't be disappointed.... especially at my give away price !!

Fichtenelch

Reaction score
I like the look of the seat concept seat, also the price is nice (160 usd, however shipping is 60$).
i just brought my seat to a local upholstery to have it done in carbon leather in the front and grippy leather in the rear, double blue stitching behind the driver and a gel insert and a mould for the driver's rear-end. price will be around 175€. actually after around 5-6 hrs of driving my butt gets kind of sore.

also the seargent seat caught my attention, however the price is not that nice...

Deadhead

Reaction score
Just ordered one of the street rally seats off ebay, it's supposed to be a lot better than the standard seat. I prefer how it looks as well.

Chaz

Reaction score
20150506004329.jpg

And mine with the Corbin. Did around 100 miles on the weekend, much better than the standard seat.