Bigger Windshield + Higher bars does increase or Reduce the wobble??

nolef

Reaction score
Hi folks, I got 2015 FJ09 (Tracer).
My question is which one is better for wobble issues at high speed. bigger windshield or stock windshield?
Also, I raised my bars 3cm but didn't notice any difference about wobbling but what do you guys think about it?
All I wanted is more stability at high speeds like 190+ kph 120+ miles

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Take off the handguards or change them for something like Puig type if you need them, quick fix.
There are many old arguments on the site

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
I use both large and small screen depending on time of year and not noticed it change anything.

To be honest I don't really get much wobbling anyway, but I do suspect it's actually the handguards as Littlebruv says (and elsewhere on the site) as they are much more form over function.

nolef

Reaction score
Take off the handguards or change them for something like Puig type if you need them, quick fix.
There are many old arguments on the site
Mate, thank you so much! It's like now I have a different bike. Change is the big first time after 1000 mile now I can go non stop top speed.
I heart about handguards before but I didn't think it will change the bike so much.

nolef

Reaction score
I use both large and small screen depending on time of year and not noticed it change anything.

To be honest I don't really get much wobbling anyway, but I do suspect it's actually the handguards as Littlebruv says (and elsewhere on the site) as they are much more form over function.
handguards changed everything now I'm riding with my big windshield and higher bars but I can easily ride high speeds

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Might try the KTM myself. I do like the look of the OEM's, and with the extenders on they do keep the wind off, but I also find with a bigger screen fitted they hit the screen on full lock.

I think the OEM's have caused a lot of problems on the Tracer, as not only this wobble issue, but they also prevent the screen from being larger at the base, at they need the cut out to allow the bars to turn fully, which means the wind comes around it easily and makes weather protection not far off a naked bike.