Bike wont start and shows error code 5d--60

nibor

Reaction score
2015 MT0-9Abs

I fitted a new YTZ10S Yuasa battery because the original was nearly 4 yrs old and the bike was lazy starting.

Now the problem, the main 50amp fuse blew (red square shape fuse) when I accidentally reversed the battery terminals when fitting it.

After fitting a new fuse all the instrument panel lights up as normal, but there is now an error code 5d - -60 displayed and the bike wont start. After fully charging the new battery using my Optimate, the engine turns over but nowhere near as fast as normal, and it wont fire and run. For info. the fully charged battery voltage measures just over 13volts.

Talking to the main Yamaha dealer where I purchased the bike from, said the error code will need to be removed by them using their software computer, but as the bike wont start it will need to be collected by them in a van.

Just wondered if anyone has any ideas, or suggestions as to what the problem might be ???.

"HELP"

Nibor

The

nibor

Reaction score
2015 MT0-9Abs

I fitted a new YTZ10S Yuasa battery because the original was nearly 4 yrs old and the bike was lazy starting.

Now the problem, the main 50amp fuse blew (red square shape fuse) when I accidentally reversed the battery terminals when fitting it.

After fitting a new fuse all the instrument panel lights up as normal, but there is now an error code 5d - -60 displayed and the bike wont start. After fully charging the new battery using my Optimate, the engine turns over but nowhere near as fast as normal, and it wont fire and run. For info. the fully charged battery voltage measures just over 13volts.

Talking to the main Yamaha dealer where I purchased the bike from, said the error code will need to be removed by them using their software computer, but as the bike wont start it will need to be collected by them in a van.

Just wondered if anyone has any ideas, or suggestions as to what the problem might be ???.

"HELP"

Nibor

The

nibor

Reaction score
Bike sorted, dealer collected bike, error code erased and bike repaired within 48hrs. Bill for £81, can't complain at that, expensive (total £100) mistake.

Be careful when fitting new battery and getting the terminals around the wrong way as I did, because the battery is symmetrical in shape (width & height the same) this allows it to fit into its compartment in two ways.

Dealer says I am not the first this has happened to which makes me feel less of an idiot.
Nibor.