Black Widow exhaust

fazers1

Reaction score
Just fitted a black widow full system to my 2 week old tracer.Fit and finish is spot on, cant fault it really and price was good at £339 with delivery next day.Only problem is its very loud(with the baffle in ) and the fuelling is now more snatchy than before with huge flames on the overun.Dont know if i"m gonna keep it on or go back to standard.

El Bandito

Reaction score
I think the high level Black a Widows look great. Which one did you go for? Any pics?
I've seen on other forums that it can sometimes take a few days for the ECU to adjust to a new exhaust. Hopefully that's the case and your fuelling settles down.

fazers1

Reaction score
went for the low level to keep the uncluttered look.I"ll put some miles on it over the weekend and see if it gets any better.I"ll try get some pics later

steve-a

Reaction score
went for the low level to keep the uncluttered look.I"ll put some miles on it over the weekend and see if it gets any better.I"ll try get some pics later
Any update on this, looking for an exhaust system for mine and noticed the Black Widow systems on eBay, nearly half the cost of other brands, but is that for a reason?

fazers1

Reaction score
Any update on this, looking for an exhaust system for mine and noticed the Black Widow systems on eBay, nearly half the cost of other brands, but is that for a reason?
Update is I sold it. Cant fault the quality it fitted good and was nice looking but just far too loud for me even with baffle in (although others who have got them have went for the longer can and say its better}.So i sold it on and bought a used akrapovic.

steve-a

Reaction score
Does the Acro fit with the center stand or do you need to remove it, I have read conflicting things about it.

fazers1

Reaction score
The titanium one fits but the carbon one with the loop in the link pipe doesnt

steve-a

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures, will get the first service out of the way and then start looking at my options, but think I will leave the Black Widow for now

andz

Reaction score
Does the Acro fit with the center stand or do you need to remove it, I have read conflicting things about it.
Here's my Tracer with the Akrapovic carbon pipe, the centre stand had to come off. The dealer took the stand off but left the mounts on, I took the right mount off as the pipe comes with a mounting bracket that fills the gap but I have ordered a naked MT-09 spacer so that I can remove the mount on the left side. It pops and crackles as well but it only has 200km on the clock at the moment so I will see if it improves. The sound is great, not anti-socially loud but it gets a great rasp going when you wind it up.

IMG_2617.jpg