Booster Plug

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Looking online it appears to be a plug in electronic device to cure your fuelling problems, perhaps instead of flashing the ECU. I found it by typing in Yamaha booster plug

Last edited:

PM2017

Reaction score
LittleBruv,

Cheers buddy, I've just discovered the technical term for my fuelling issues - low speed surging.

What an absolute farce this Euro 4 mallarky is.
How can any manufacturer churn out a motorcycle that "surges" and splutters between 2,500 & 4,000 rpm?

Heading over to Edinburgh tomorrow for the 600 mile service and they will get a piece of my mind - I can tell you!

Paul

Last edited:

Tommy

Reaction score
LittleBruv,

Cheers buddy, I've just discovered the technical term for my fuelling issues - low speed surging.

What an absolute farce this Euro 4 mallarky is.
How can any manufacturer churn out a motorcycle that "surges" and splutters between 2,500 & 4,000 rpm?

Heading over to Edinburgh tomorrow for the 600 mile service and they will get a piece of my mind - I can tell you!

Paul
No point in giving out to the bike shop mate, bugger all they can do about it, unless they have a dyno and reflash facilities. Nowts gonna cure the problem without removing the euro4 fueling bollix.

Last edited:

PM2017

Reaction score
Tommy,
Nowts gonna happen unless we complain in droves?!
They'll be a fix if you mention safety?
Spluttering coughing and ' surging' along can hardly leave you in control?

Paul

bobh

Reaction score
There's a guy in Brisbane, Queensland, who sells a plug-in device on ebay that's claimed to solve the issue. Heard about him on another MT forum.

Yamaha MT-09 FZ-09 MT09 FZ09 Tracer FJ09 FJ-09 O2 Controller | eBay

Personally I'm going to live with it, at least until the warranty expires. I do drop into B mode occasionally if I'm following a less "progressive" rider, but it's annoying that you have to go through A first.

Tommy

Reaction score
Tommy,
Nowts gonna happen unless we complain in droves?!
They'll be a fix if you mention safety?
Spluttering coughing and ' surging' along can hardly leave you in control?

Paul
Yamaha aren't gonna put a bike on the market that doesn't pass the current emission laws, so yes, nowts gonna happen.
If the bike is really that bad to the point of being uncontrollable, then maybe there is an actual issue with your particular bike, tps sensor alignment possibly?

PM2017

Reaction score
Yamaha aren't gonna put a bike on the market that doesn't pass the current emission laws, so yes, nowts gonna happen.
If the bike is really that bad to the point of being uncontrollable, then maybe there is an actual issue with your particular bike, tps sensor alignment possibly?
Between TPS sensor and closed and open loop fuelling systems my head's now hurting trying to contemplate it all...
The service guy did check my ECU and whatever other diagnostic stuff they do and was able to tell me that I had stalled the bike once!
Everything else was 'normal' and I didn't give the guy a hard time cause he's an honest and upfront bloke.
All he could suggest was to contact Yamaha direct...

If enough of us do that they might have a re-flash ready for my 6000 mile service??
If this Euro 4 fuelling issue is going to manifest itself forever across all the marques, I can't see myself buying another brand new bike.
I might have to settle for a used BMW which I was thinking about in retirement!?

Paul

PM2017

Reaction score
So, as long as it passes an emission test between 2500 & 4000, it can churn out as many pollutants as it likes after 4,000 rpm?
Thank f*** we're leaving the EU then, no more Euro 5 nightmares to contend with?!

The bikes not quite uncontrollable, but it's not very pleasant spluttering and surging along in the lower revs....

Paul

Tommy

Reaction score
So, as long as it passes an emission test between 2500 & 4000, it can churn out as many pollutants as it likes after 4,000 rpm?
Thank f*** we're leaving the EU then, no more Euro 5 nightmares to contend with?!

The bikes not quite uncontrollable, but it's not very pleasant spluttering and surging along in the lower revs....

Paul
Even though Britain is leaving the EU, it will still be part of Europe, and as such will still be subject to the emission laws covering Europe. Yamaha aren't going to remap bikes specifically for the British market.

Locksmith

Reaction score
By reading the ecu and they told you you had stalled it once!

Is that even possible???

Kinjane

Reaction score
There's always a solution to every problem. Kevxtx is working on it at the moment ;) http://mt09.motorcycle-talk.com/forum/mt-09-fz-09-parts-for-sale/4285-kevxtx-o2-controller.html

On one of my other bikes I recently adjusted something that apparently should never ever be moved or adjusted from its original factory setting. The whole thing was sealed with a blob hard yellow sealant which was destroyed as soon as i put a spanner to it.

Bottom line is that bike runs better than it's ever done. no lumpiness, no surging no engine running hot enough to fry an egg on. Admittedly it now has a sooty tail pipe, does less mpg and wouldn't pass a Euro II Emission test let alone a III or IV and has probably lost any sort of trade in value at a dealership because of it. But for a no cost improvement - priceless.