Braided Brake lines

Kiwirider

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted stainless braided brake lines to their Tracer? I am looking at perhaps buying a kit and doing the job myself. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Shaun64

Reaction score
It's been done by someone on here but can't remember who it was,do a search.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted stainless braided brake lines to their Tracer? I am looking at perhaps buying a kit and doing the job myself. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.
Fitted Hel Carbons on my 09 ABS (Not Tracer), also fitted EBC Sintered HH, massive difference, just make sure u change all of them, 7 in total on mine.. if not they feel crap.. i got a local dealer to do mine, got a fixed price. When I got it back I had a Weird sound ?, like a dull beep when I turned the ignition on... so pulled the tank and airbox off to find they hadn't connected a pipe from airbox to AIS cut valve.. the fat one on the outside

It was then I noticed stock brake pipes coming off ABS unit..... back it went...

They sorted it for nowt of course..

So i have experienced oem, 1/2 done and fully done.... now they are excellent, but you can feel the HH gripping and stopping is now much better...

Hope that helps?

Last edited:

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
And just to add, they put dot5 in, didn't like it... dot4 now back in after a flush and a much better feel, had to do a slow emergency avoidance and it controlled brilliantly....

Last edited:

Kiwirider

Reaction score
Thanks MT09-Smurf - much appreciated. I will do some more research on braided line kits as there do not seem to be any available here so will inevitably have to do the online thing. There must be others out there who have had some experience with them or am I one of the few muppets left who do their own work on their bikes??

I to am a convert to EBC HH pads and have used them on all my bikes (except my current BMW GSA) as I find them much much better than stock and they give a good progressive fade free feel for little capital outlay - they are awesome and I now wouldn't use anything else. Also noted your comments about Dot 4 fluid (thanks).

CT/

Reaction score
Abs steel lines

And just to add, they put dot5 in, didn't like it... dot4 now back in after a flush and a much better feel, had to do a slow emergency avoidance and it controlled brilliantly....
Hi smurf. Didn't the Dealer realise he hadn't replaced all the lines when he still had the under seat 1,s left ?? And they should not have put dot 5 fluid in, itz a different type,,,,, you can use dot 5.1 though .

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Only came clean after I phoned and asked, luckily he had them on the shelf.. but had no valid excuse as to why... many possible reasons to speculate.... theyve been golden there since tbh...

It was fixed with no hassle as you would expect...

CT/

Reaction score
Only came clean after I phoned and asked, luckily he had them on the shelf.. but had no valid excuse as to why... many possible reasons to speculate.... theyve been golden there since tbh...

Abit Naughty that is smurf

bloggsy

Reaction score

Time to change Dealer Methinks and Name and Shame