Brake pad replacement

stevecbr

Reaction score
Bike now done over 21000 miles, and the pads are getting low.
I have a 2013 non ABS model, and am happy with the braking performance.
The OE pads are £33 a set from my dealer, £19 for the EBC similar parts, or Pyramid parts sell the full set, front & rear, for £29 (link below).
I will probably go for the EBC full set at the £50 mark, but out of interest wondered if anyone has experience of the Pyramid Parts?

Yamaha MT-09 RC/Non ABS 14-15 Full Set Front & Rear Brake Pads (3 Pairs)

Shaun64

Reaction score
No but have a look at sbs brake pads they are very good and not daft money.

Laffli

Reaction score
Ebc double h are one of the best, more stopping power than oe brake pads. I put them my Tracer because I thought oe pads were shite. Cheapest place to buy is the sportsbike shop here is the link.

SPORTSBIKESHOP - Browse All Products

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Just put EBC HH in my 14 ABS, only a quick bedding in ride, better, fitting Hel lines next week, so should be better again... hopefully!!!

Shaun64

Reaction score
Just put EBC HH in my 14 ABS, only a quick bedding in ride, better, fitting Hel lines next week, so should be better again... hopefully!!!
Are you fitting all new lines I.e to abs pump etc,let us know how it goes if you do as I've only ever swapped over non abs brake lines.

bobh

Reaction score
+1 for EBC HH.

Only very minor downside is it takes one rev of the wheel in the wet to clear the water before the pads bite, so apply gently.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Are you fitting all new lines I.e to abs pump etc,let us know how it goes if you do as I've only ever swapped over non abs brake lines.
I'm the same, not done it on ABS before so playing it safe, sending it into local dealer, their doing the recall at the same time.

nibor

Reaction score
Some years ago I put EBC HH pads on my Hayabusa and found them to be very noisy when the front brake was applied (metal to metal grinding noise), I took them out in case they were grinding the discs away.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Now fitted EBC HH Sintered, changed the Hoses to Braided Lines, so much more feel, I dont find them noisy at all, only been out to bed the pads in... looks and stops so much better..

barton

Reaction score
stock gg pads are erm. Put a set of HH pads out of my 15 R1 in the empty and what a difference..

stevecbr

Reaction score
stuck the EBC HH on this evening, just wondered if everyone else used the metal backing plate the pads came with? Mine seem quite tight with them fitted, I may need to drain some brake fluid

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Left mine out, kept them tho.. just copper greased it up... was told there not needed, done about 900 miles since fitting... no issues at all..

SteveM

Reaction score
Now fitted EBC HH Sintered, changed the Hoses to Braided Lines, so much more feel, I dont find them noisy at all, only been out to bed the pads in... looks and stops so much better..
I've just gone down the same route as you, Hel braided lines and EBC double H sintered pads. It's made a massive difference to braking power. I didn't rate the stock set up much, but now I've done this I realise how poor it actually was.

kdimitris

Reaction score
stuck the EBC HH on this evening, just wondered if everyone else used the metal backing plate the pads came with? Mine seem quite tight with them fitted, I may need to drain some brake fluid
They must be fitted, because they have work to do, like to keep heat away from pistons, and from fluids of course!!!