Brake pedal feedback/noise abs issue ?

5li3eri3e

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and new to the Mt09 tracer. When I come down the gear box and get on the rear brake there's a lot of unpleasant feeling in that rear pedal. I guess you could say kick back. It was harsh enough to make me look down and expect to see something fouling ! I noticed a couple of folk talking about this but so far no answers.

relz

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and new to the Mt09 tracer. When I come down the gear box and get on the rear brake there's a lot of unpleasant feeling in that rear pedal. I guess you could say kick back. It was harsh enough to make me look down and expect to see something fouling ! I noticed a couple of folk talking about this but so far no answers.
Could that be the ABS kicking in? The rear ABS is quite sensitive on my MT09, slightly too much pressure on the rear brake and you feel it pulsating.
Try riding on a straight line (even slowly) in a safe place and slam on the rear brake, see if that is the same feeling.

5li3eri3e

Reaction score
Could that be the ABS kicking in? The rear ABS is quite sensitive on my MT09, slightly too much pressure on the rear brake and you feel it pulsating.
Try riding on a straight line (even slowly) in a safe place and slam on the rear brake, see if that is the same feeling.
Thanks. So the feeling isn't pulsing. It's more a bang clatter ! Unpleasant really. I worried initially thinking it was a serious mechanical problem. I rode slightly faster last night on a nice smooth road and slammed the rear on. It slowed down without locking. Only happens at slow speeds. It's like the abs isn't engaging and the brake is locking the wheel very easily.

5li3eri3e

Reaction score
I agree with TT, under hard braking the weight comes off the back and if the back brake is applied the abs operates....
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I guess it's something I'm just not used to and to be honest, wasn't expecting !

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I had that same clatter a few months back, but happened front and back, it was almost throwing my foot of the brake arm... I was pulling out of a dealership at the time, they took it straight in, could not find the cause, popped pads out and reseated, didn't happen afterwards?..