Bridgestone BT30

Banksy

Reaction score
Just a quick one... Anyone tried a pair of BT30s on an MT yet? Hear BT 023 fitted as a pair can cause the bike to be less stable at speed.. I know the Road 3and 4 are getting lots of good reviews. Just interested to hear anything on the 30s..

boro

Reaction score
Just a quick one... Anyone tried a pair of BT30s on an MT yet? Hear BT 023 fitted as a pair can cause the bike to be less stable at speed.. I know the Road 3and 4 are getting lots of good reviews. Just interested to hear anything on the 30s..
I've had them on for the last 12K and they have been fantastic, maybe not quite the grip of the PR3's in the wet (sub tropical here so really rains) but not far off. In the dry much better than the PR3.
Even had a track day and they were rock solid, very predicable and loads of grip. Also super stable on the MW never had a moments issues with them and would definitely use them again.
Also seem to be wearing fantastically, no sign of squaring yet and I commute everyday with MW included.

Banksy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply boro. Think I'll be giving them a go...

Frugaltail

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply boro. Think I'll be giving them a go...
Consider metzler m7rr they have a profile similar to pirelli Rosso corsa (best feeling tyre ever in my opinion just too expensive) and feel incredible especially at middle lean angles. Many reporting life of 7k and above. Must say I have never been so blown away by a tyre.after just 500 miles or so I think that they are out of this world and if they could do more then 5k (supposedly will do much more) then I will never change

stevecbr

Reaction score
I'm the one who fitted the BT023's, and still have them on. They have now done around 5300 miles, and still have a fair bit of life left.
If you dont go over 100mph they are fine, grip well wet or dry, and obviously the wear rate is good. However, at much over 100 they cause a horrible weave.
I did contact Bridgestone after I had them fitted, and they informed me the only tyre they recommend for the MT09 is the S20. They dont recommend the BT023 or the T30.
I did copy their reply to my original post.

Coopie

Reaction score
I'm the one who fitted the BT023's
If you dont go over 100mph they are fine, grip well wet or dry, and obviously the wear rate is good. However, at much over 100 they cause a horrible weave.
I did contact Bridgestone after I had them fitted, and they informed me the only tyre they recommend for the MT09 is the S20. They dont recommend the BT023 or the T30.
Yup I have just recently fitted the S20 Evo .... brilliant tyre . Too early to comment on mileage but the grip and stability is ace .

stevecbr

Reaction score
Had the S20's before the BT023 were fitted, had no stability issues whatsoever, just they dont last that long. The S20's lasted just over 3000, but the BT023 heat up quicker in the rain/winter

Banksy

Reaction score
I have been running S20 front with a BT023 rear, no stability issues and rear has gone 7k, though now ready to change.. Got a great price today on PR3s so looks like that's what are going on next..

Coopie

Reaction score
Had the S20's before the BT023 were fitted, had no stability issues whatsoever, just they dont last that long. The S20's lasted just over 3000, but the BT023 heat up quicker in the rain/winter
So if you got just over 3000 on the rear my Evo tyre should get over 4000 as Bridgestone recon better grip wet and dry PLUS 25% more mileage . Only time will tell :)

boro

Reaction score
Update just read Fast Bikes April 2105 edition and on their long term MT09 they have just fitted the T30's.
So will be interesting how they rate them as they are usually quite hard on their tyres.

Frugaltail

Reaction score
So if you got just over 3000 on the rear my Evo tyre should get over 4000 as Bridgestone recon better grip wet and dry PLUS 25% more mileage . Only time will tell :)

25% of three thousand is 750, I only got 2000 and something miles out of the s20, otherwise I liked them. I did consider a set of evo but even the tyre fitters say I shouldn't expect much more then 3000 miles from them as they square off significantly after 1500 miles. It's a real shame!

Absolutely amazed by the M7rr that and my custom built nitron shock have absolutely transformed the bikes handling.