Bye bye Tracer........ Hello MT-10

kevt4x4

Reaction score
Ehhh, uhmm, well i went to dealership for 6k service and this happened....... her indoors doesn't even know yet :(.
Arriving 2nd week in June, in black,..... the lure of the dark side is strong!! :cool:

On a side note, Tracer never put a foot wrong, if you sort out the suspension and the seat she's a great all rounder and lot of fun, and if you poke her with a stick she can get along the road pretty quick ;)

Kev

kevt4x4

Reaction score
Great man maths! Be interesting to see what you think of it. I'm curious so am having a demo at the MT tour next month.

Lol, yeh that's what i thought too! :D.
No worries, i'll stick up some first impressions once i get some miles under the tyres.

Enjoy your demo, and drop a few lines on what you thought of it please?

Ta much

Kev

Shaun64

Reaction score
Kev4x4 did you fit your tracer with a after market rear shock? If you have is it for sale?.

Tracer Dave

Reaction score
Ehhh, uhmm, well i went to dealership for 6k service and this happened....... her indoors doesn't even know yet :(.
Arriving 2nd week in June, in black,..... the lure of the dark side is strong!! :cool:

On a side note, Tracer never put a foot wrong, if you sort out the suspension and the seat she's a great all rounder and lot of fun, and if you poke her with a stick she can get along the road pretty quick ;)

Kev
Just be careful the oil cooler is very venerable where it is, I just can't understand why they put it there in the first place, or more the point without a stone guard.

kevt4x4

Reaction score
Kev4x4 did you fit your tracer with a after market rear shock? If you have is it for sale?.

Hi Shaun,
Sorry, no,just spent a long time dialling in adjustment to the stock suspension. If i had kept her longer i would have forked out for aftermarket suspension.

Kev

kevt4x4

Reaction score
Just be careful the oil cooler is very venerable where it is, I just can't understand why they put it there in the first place, or more the point without a stone guard.

Cheers Dave,
Funnily enough that was one of the first things that caught my eye, stone guard required for oil cooler and that huge radiator as well.

Kev

Boab Dreeps

Reaction score
I wet for a test ride on the MT10.
I love my Tracer (especially now it has the ECU flash) and I was worried that the MT10 was gonna turn my head.

It's very impressive, but for me it's just too much power for a naked bike.
I forked out for the Akra on my Tracer, I'd have to do the same again on the MT10. Why do they ship their bikes with those muted stock cans?
Poor Yamaha rep thought he had a nailed on sale.

I went home on my Tracer with a smile on my face, safe in the knowledge that we are going to be together for another while yet.

chump

Reaction score
I tried the MT-10 yesterday while my 09 was being serviced. Great torquey motor. Very rough low down. Seat was like a brick and the rear shock is rock hard. Oh and I thought it was a bit on the lardy side compared to the 09.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I tried the MT-10 yesterday while my 09 was being serviced. Great torquey motor. Very rough low down. Seat was like a brick and the rear shock is rock hard. Oh and I thought it was a bit on the lardy side compared to the 09.
I agree with you on all accounts. It does sound awesome 5/6k plus though. Very lardy compared to the '09. Didn't set the world on fire for me though as I imagined it would have done. Not a wild bastard like it's 'smaller' brother, but the '09 is still leagues better in my opinion, especially as a loony fast street bike, but the '10 would eat the long distance miles at speed better. Glad I demo'd the '10, but I'll defo be sticking with the beast of the '09.