Camping chair review

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
We've just returned from an Easter weekend camping break in Germany and I thought i'd let you guys know about my latest purchase.

Chair One - Chairs - Helinox official European site and shop

Light, comfortable and packs down to the size of a pair of shoes.

After a long while of sitting on panniers or folding tripod stools I decided a bit of back support would be better, i was a bit dubious about the strength of the chairs as they really are very light but they took my half drunken 14st arse plonked in them with no problems, the material of the chair and stitching is very sturdy.

Apart from the more comfortable lounging around drinking beer position it also frees up the panniers to be turned on their side and used as tables.

The pack bags are good quality too, with a strong loop each end and a molle style nylon section so securing them as part of the luggage was childs play.

The chairs are now considered essential kit and i expect will be taken to the coast on sunny days along with the chuck away bbq and box-o-meat.

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Those are a better price for sure, although i did get mine for a sale price.

I had the chance to see what i was buying in the shop beforehand but i'm glad you're getting good service out of your chair owle.