Can I fit my FZ6 rack to the tracer 900

Gruffalo

Reaction score
I'm hoping that someone can help me out, I have just ordered a Tracer with a rack (standaard from the accessories page).

I was wondering if any one had any experience of mounting another plate or using some kind of adaptor to make a (FZ6) yamaha top box fit it.

This is the rack I have on the FZ6:

rack.jpg

This is the plate when removed from the rack:

Plaat 2.jpg

This is my topbox:

Topbox.jpg

And this is the Tracer rack as supplied by Yamaha:

rack klein.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers :)

Last edited:

Gruffalo

Reaction score
Can someone confirm that the plate on the Tracer 900 rack is held on by 4 screws, as my FZ6 rack is, anybody?

Gruffalo

Reaction score
There was no easy way to make the old plate fit, not without drilling anyway. Luckily I'd arranged (with the salesman) to get a topbox for half the price if my old one didn't fit, so now I'm waiting on my new topbox :)

andz

Reaction score
Based on my experience with Givi racks, the FZ6 rack and the Tracer rack are completely different. The Tracer rack mounts on one bolt on each side and the 2 at the back on top, plus 6 bolts to mount the Monokey plate (although the Givi plate only came with 4).

Gruffalo

Reaction score
Based on my experience with Givi racks, the FZ6 rack and the Tracer rack are completely different. The Tracer rack mounts on one bolt on each side and the 2 at the back on top, plus 6 bolts to mount the Monokey plate (although the Givi plate only came with 4).
Thanks Andz, I guess I can't complain as I'm getting a new top box for half the price :) And I reacon that I can sell the old topbox together with the FZ6 rack.