Chain oiler

Slappyhead

Reaction score
Anyone fitted one? I have a Tutoro one that I had on an XJ6, but can't find a good spot to mount it. Any ideas welcome!

Spot

Reaction score
I've used Scottoilers too in recent years on all my previous chain driven bikes (had a few shafts and belts along the way...) and can recommend them. Never had any issues with a Scottoiler.

psychoattractor

Reaction score
I've used both, the scottoiler was excellent and couldn't fault it, the Tutoro i liked for a short while until i kept either foregetting to switch on or forgetting to switch it off.

I now use neither, i fitted fom rear bobbins and maintain the chain myself when it's on the paddock stand.

flydnb

Reaction score
how are the stock chain and sprockets doing after some mileage and have they needed adjustment ?

stevecbr

Reaction score
Mines done just over 1000 miles, no adjustment needed. From previous experience, I would expect at least 20000 miles from them, but I do clean & lube the chain regularly (no scot oiler, just gear oil & toothbrush)

flydnb

Reaction score
Mines done just over 1000 miles, no adjustment needed. From previous experience, I would expect at least 20000 miles from them, but I do clean & lube the chain regularly (no scot oiler, just gear oil & toothbrush)
20k really ?

stevecbr

Reaction score
20,000 on a standard chain is normal. I had my R1 for 5 years and did 15000 miles on it, only adjusted the chain twice. My mate had a R1 from new, it was still on original chain and sprockets when he wrote it off at 26000 miles. Generally OEM chains are a decent quality, and as long as they are looked after should last ages.
Cheap crap of Ebay, ie a £15 chain for a 125cc bike, will obviously wear quick, however much you look after it

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I've seen a pretty shocking chain on a MT already, only a few thousand clocked up on it too. I dont think its the most expensive version from the house of Yamaha, might have been a freebie if you bought a few crates of rear shocks from the supplier. :D

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

dism

Reaction score
Anyone fitted one? I have a Tutoro one that I had on an XJ6, but can't find a good spot to mount it. Any ideas welcome!
I have my Tutoro Auto at roughly the same position as the rear break reservoir, fitted to 1 of the passenger-footpeg bolts...

PaulG

Reaction score
I make and sell my own design oiler.On the MT you could use one of the fastening screws for the damper plate on the inside of the swingarm.
I got 93,000 km from my last 1250 Bandit chain and that did not need replacing because it had reached it's elongation limit (less than half worn) but one of the roller bushes collapsed so it had to go.
IMG_0764.jpg

Last edited: