Question Changing the ARAI Helmets Linings and pads

nolef

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a little fitting problem with helmets. Until this time have had Avg helmets all the time. But I'm insisted about buying an Arai. Here is my problem I have a long oval head shape (I guess) When I try RX7V or New Profile V in L size my nose touch the visor. (not much but barely) When I try XL size there isn't any touching problem but the helmet is a little big for me.
Have you guys changed the linings and pads before? what's best; buying XL and changing the linings with L size or the opposite? Or is it even possible?
Where I live at dealers don't know about this much. Maybe one of you guys had this problem before.
Thx and always have a safe ride.

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
For a helmet to be safe and work, it needs to fit your head perfectly.

You should always be buying a helmet with the correct shape for your head, not trying to mould one that doesn't just because it's the make you like.

Go to a shop and keep trying different helmets on until you find the one that suits your head shape. Sorry to sound like an old fart (I am but that's not the point), but it's your head protection we're talking about.

the cueball

Reaction score
As above, I wouldn’t mess around trying to make a helmet fit.

I have a AGV head too...

I mostly only buy them and don’t try to get my human calculator to fit where it’s not meant to go!

*i also have a BELL helmet..

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a little fitting problem with helmets. Until this time have had Avg helmets all the time. But I'm insisted about buying an Arai. Here is my problem I have a long oval head shape (I guess) When I try RX7V or New Profile V in L size my nose touch the visor. (not much but barely) When I try XL size there isn't any touching problem but the helmet is a little big for me.
Have you guys changed the linings and pads before? what's best; buying XL and changing the linings with L size or the opposite? Or is it even possible?
Where I live at dealers don't know about this much. Maybe one of you guys had this problem before.
Thx and always have a safe ride.
Have you contacted Arai concerning this, they should be able to help you

bobh

Reaction score
Agree with the replies so far.

I do have a rounder (Arai/HJC/Suomy-shaped) head, so I can't get AGV, Shoei, Shark etc. to fit comfortably, and I don't even try. As everyone has said, go and try them on and buy the one that fts snugly but comfortably. And make sure it has a good (4- or 5-star) Sharp rating.

nolef

Reaction score
Have you contacted Arai concerning this, they should be able to help you
asked my main Arai dealer at my country but they just said we don't have a helmet for your head type.

Decided to buy NXR XL actually it was similar as like Profile V but a little bit better. I went dealer again tried there and ordered online. Hope it feels good while riding especially at high speeds. I think I will not gonna find any helmet fully fit my head. its always been like this hard. When I decided to buy a new one. we don't have Arai's Signet x model but if I find one after a while maybe I can buy that too.