Changing the CO settings in the DIAG menu

Chaf Song

Reaction score
14 is the best for your setup mate but if you have the kev mod fitted he recommends setting it to 0
Hope that this helps
thanks mate.. will try that out... currently the fuel management is still stock...
:p:p:p
looking for some piggyback soon...

fizzy

Reaction score
thanks mate.. will try that out... currently the fuel management is still stock...
:p:p:p
looking for some piggyback soon...
I can totally recommend TT and Simon's flash if you want to unlock the potential of your mt :)
Drop TT a pm if you want it sorted, he and Simon are very helpful :cool:

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I changed my CO settings from 0 to 14 for the ride home last night. My bike is standard (for the time being), and to be honest, I couldn't feel or acknowledge any difference. There may have been an element of the placebo effect, but perhaps a slightly smoother engine in 1st from 1-2k revs in crawling traffic, there really wasn't any difference that I noticed. I've now returned them each to zero again. Yes, the engine response is aggressive and instant, but I actually like that and now 450 miles in on the bike, are used to it.

I'm planning on having Simon's/TT's remap after it's first service, and that'll do nicely.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I changed my CO settings from 0 to 14 for the ride home last night. My bike is standard (for the time being), and to be honest, I couldn't feel or acknowledge any difference. There may have been an element of the placebo effect, but perhaps a slightly smoother engine in 1st from 1-2k revs in crawling traffic, there really wasn't any difference that I noticed. I've now returned them each to zero again. Yes, the engine response is aggressive and instant, but I actually like that and now 450 miles in on the bike, are used to it.

I'm planning on having Simon's/TT's remap after it's first service, and that'll do nicely.
You won't notice anything. Trust me it's good for the engine though as its a tad lean on 0

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Mr B suggests +6 after installing hi-flow filter and +14 if a free zorst is putted.
As for the mixture... "better richer than leaner".
I' ve putted a DNA air filter since the bike has had 6.000km (now has 22.000+) and ride it till today at -0- CO setting, but i think its time for testing... a race mechanic had suggest me in the past to test it in 15 and 20 for best results with the free filter.
I'm thinking to make an effort tommorow..

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
So, i've put CO 14 at the 3 cylinders, the procedure was very quick and easy as shown in videos.
When engine started i realize immediatelly a change at motor's noise as warming up. It has more "bass" as before...
I ride it in STD mode for about 40km in a curvy seaside road and i wasn't concerning for how much open the throtle as the bike was leaning into turns... (very nice feeling..!).
Then i realize that my bike now has better acceleration, even easier roll-on from stopped, 1st gear is more "torquey" at low rpm, pulls up the front wheel easier, in 2nd gear i'm not waiting anymore to reach the bike 5.500rpm to give me the first "kick", like there is no hole at the "pulling force" of performance..
3rd gear in A mode usually puls up the front wheel at about 120km when the engine goes in the "good area" of more than 7.000rpm... Now it pulls the wheel up at 105km in 3rd and has more power to give as the rpm goes up.
Now, the 5th gear feels to accelerate as the 4rh (with CO at -0-)... seems like i've put a smaller front sprocket.
Very happy with the result.
P.S. I'm curious about how the bike will react in different settings but i'm concervative to try it. Otherwise, i spent 16 months and 16Kkm with DNA filter and C0 at zero as official mechanic (who had putted the DNA filter) had suggested me.
What i was missing all this time !!!
P.S.2. My zorst is stock and the map remains the first, i haven't remapped it.
I don't have any reason to "tame" its aggresive character and behaviour and i like very much that now the power is more and delicated.

Last edited:

hijack87

Reaction score
Just got a 2016 MT09, was trying to access the diag menu but the steps you guys posted doesnt seem to be working. Was there a change on the 2016 models?

relz

Reaction score
It takes much less than 20 secs, closer to 5 IMO.
Make sure you're holding down both buttons, with the ignition switch off, and then proceed to turn the switch on while still holding the buttons for about 5 secs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

hijack87

Reaction score
I tried again but to no avail. They mist have changed something i guess. Hope someone can find out if its still possible or if the process has changed.

cmyipp2

Reaction score
Any advice for CO adjustments for regions with 98 octane gas? My tracer has Akrapovic exhaust with original ecu mapping. Thx

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tried again but to no avail. They mist have changed something i guess. Hope someone can find out if its still possible or if the process has changed.
Anyone else got a 2016 MT09 who can either confirm or deny if the DIAG/CO is acceptable by holding the 2 buttons down and turning the ignition on?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any advice for CO adjustments for regions with 98 octane gas? My tracer has Akrapovic exhaust with original ecu mapping. Thx
98 and 95 Ron are no different for this bike so I would use the same CO settings but like everything in life... The choice is entirely yours my friend and I'm sure whatever you do someone will tell you it's wrong [emoji33]

Daniel

Reaction score
hello guys,
I'd like to share my measurements in this topic.
I have mivv full system installed and KN filter, and the result was predictable...

[video=youtube;kV99SrNaU-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV99SrNaU-k[/video]

... puking fire

the first idea - to correct CO, but this "shamanic" 14 didn't change anything in my case. So I decided to read AFR and verify what impact does CO setting have on real AFR.

I was ttrying to catch the mediane AFR value on photos, but with increasing fuel dose the range of fluctuations was smaller and more accurate.
of course I made a mistake doing measurements with AIS opened. As it turned out later opened AIS increases AFR about 2 points.

finally I finished with "35" that gives ~13,4 AFR...

... engine works perfectly well, pops when blip throttle stopped, and revs become rhythmical, engine works noticeably quieter.

Attachments