Changing the CO settings in the DIAG menu

olivierzx

Reaction score
To check the CO of each cylinder.
But you need a gas analyzer.

You can change the setup without that but it will not be perfect.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
It's goin on the dyno Friday. Have set them all back to factory settings so will c wot comes out on the data sheet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 2015 model has just had it's 6k mile service and it feels anything but smooth after! I've checked the CO settings and they are set to 14 so going by this thread it should feel great! I've lowered it to 10, felt much better and also tried it on 0. It's running with an akra (baffle out). I changed the CO before when I got the bike but cant for the life of me remember what.
The fan kicked in the other day, I don't think i've ever heard it before.lol. Bike isn't happy, any help or advice appreciated.
Just had mine back after 6k service, running like a bag of shit... when it went in it was so smooth, and has been for a year now, thanks to a certain ecu flash. But after todays ride home it felt awful, will be checking my CO tomorrow, i am sure mine were at zero originally..

Deadhead

Reaction score
Just had mine back after 6k service, running like a bag of shit... when it went in it was so smooth, and has been for a year now, thanks to a certain ecu flash. But after todays ride home it felt awful, will be checking my CO tomorrow, i am sure mine were at zero originally..
I hope they haven't wiped your ECU Flash with an updated Yamaha one!

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
That was my first thought... but I had AIS turned off, on ride home had no sign of it being turned back on.. will check temp start/stop as that would revert too.. going to Simons on the 14th, so might take ECU down to see if they did.. wont be bloody happy if they did.. as its never been on a recall, so have no right to tamper....

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That was my first thought... but I had AIS turned off, on ride home had no sign of it being turned back on.. will check temp start/stop as that would revert too.. going to Simons on the 14th, so might take ECU down to see if they did.. wont be bloody happy if they did.. as its never been on a recall, so have no right to tamper....
Definitely bring it down here bud. Will be interested to know if they've pissed about with it without telling you..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Cheers Trip... i have checked CO settings, all 3 at Zero, rad fan is coming on at Flash temps, not increased as oem, AIS was off, and i am not getting the popping, the throttle seems a bit tight, so going to check tomorrow... i dont think they have flashed it....

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
All ok, i have had a good look at it and I think they have over adjusted the throttle play... I have no free movement in it at all. Movement side to side is about 1 mm, on the twist, theres zero play, used to be more.....

Mark Cousins

Reaction score
Got my bike just over a year ago now 15 plate. Had an Akro fitted with cat installed. I didn't know anything about the settings re CO in the cylinders till i came upon a vid on you tube. They said set to 13 which i did (btw all three were set to 0 which is the factory setting) and at the same time i contacted Akrpovic to ask about the settings. They said there is no need at all to chnage them so i reset to 0 and im still there now

kdimitris

Reaction score
Old post but, r u still running co @ 35 setting?
I change it today and first impressions is that power goes more linear and more smooth to the asphalt.
Also engine seems like running a litlle bit cooler. we' ll see.....

kdimitris

Reaction score
hello guys,
I'd like to share my measurements in this topic.
I have mivv full system installed and KN filter, and the result was predictable...

[video=youtube;kV99SrNaU-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV99SrNaU-k[/video]

... puking fire

the first idea - to correct CO, but this "shamanic" 14 didn't change anything in my case. So I decided to read AFR and verify what impact does CO setting have on real AFR.

I was ttrying to catch the mediane AFR value on photos, but with increasing fuel dose the range of fluctuations was smaller and more accurate.
of course I made a mistake doing measurements with AIS opened. As it turned out later opened AIS increases AFR about 2 points.

finally I finished with "35" that gives ~13,4 AFR...

... engine works perfectly well, pops when blip throttle stopped, and revs become rhythmical, engine works noticeably quieter.
Old post but, r u still running co @ 35 setting? rpm range of 13.5 afr?
I change it today and first impressions is that power goes more linear and more smooth to the asphalt.
Also engine seems like running a litlle bit cooler. we' ll see.....

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
My previous CO settings were C1: +21, C2: +35, C3: -4.
To do it properly you have first to do injector bodies work equal. Then you need a gas analyzer to get results.
I' ve drill a small hole on each header (which i tapped with screws) just to get specific number from each cylinder.
That's the "best way" to do it every 10K km.
Now my CO numbers are different... i don't remember exactly as i' ve left the note of them under my seat..
There isn't any "magic number" at this procedure.
More serious is to find a Yamaha mechanic with the proper knowledge and tools.

kdimitris

Reaction score
My previous CO settings were C1: +21, C2: +35, C3: -4.
To do it properly you have first to do injector bodies work equal. Then you need a gas analyzer to get results.
I' ve drill a small hole on each header (which i tapped with screws) just to get specific number from each cylinder.
That's the "best way" to do it every 10K km.
Now my CO numbers are different... i don't remember exactly as i' ve left the note of them under my seat..
There isn't any "magic number" at this procedure.
More serious is to find a Yamaha mechanic with the proper knowledge and tools.
Then i will left them @ zero all three.
Just for the records, bike run more linear @35 to all three cylinders.

nolef

Reaction score
am i the one only didn't feel any difference at all?
I did change it all 0 to 14 on my 2015 Tracer 900 but felt nothing...

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
am i the one only didn't feel any difference at all?
I did change it all 0 to 14 on my 2015 Tracer 900 but felt nothing...
No you're not alone.

I did this on my old TDM 900 too (had the same way to change the CO levels) and also made no difference, and I had even gone from minimum setting to maximum to see what the difference was like. I had heard stories of people smoothing their bikes out etc, but I've known a few people try it and all said there was no difference. The effect is usually minimal if anything and to be honest this is all setup at factory on each cylinder (they aren't always set the same), so my recommendation is to leave well alone. As has been mentioned above, without the right way to measure each cylinders AFR there's no point in trying.

To try and smooth things out the best approach is getting a remap to remove things like the injectors being disabled on a closed throttle, and a smoother throttle mapping. I did this myself and it's made a huge difference to how the bike behaves.

nolef

Reaction score
No you're not alone.

I did this on my old TDM 900 too (had the same way to change the CO levels) and also made no difference, and I had even gone from minimum setting to maximum to see what the difference was like. I had heard stories of people smoothing their bikes out etc, but I've known a few people try it and all said there was no difference. The effect is usually minimal if anything and to be honest this is all setup at factory on each cylinder (they aren't always set the same), so my recommendation is to leave well alone. As has been mentioned above, without the right way to measure each cylinders AFR there's no point in trying.

To try and smooth things out the best approach is getting a remap to remove things like the injectors being disabled on a closed throttle, and a smoother throttle mapping. I did this myself and it's made a huge difference to how the bike behaves.
Didn't surprised at all actually. :) Thanks for the reply.

MTjoenge

Reaction score
I checked mine after changing the pipe, Factory settings were C1-0, C2-0, C3-0.. Changed it up to 14 on all 3 Cyl' and made a differance, bike much smoother and Engine temp dropped by 8*C.
Yeah really i maded it