Close Call - Bike Almost Got Trashed !!

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Went to my bike earlier to find the scooter next to it smashed up and at a funny angle. Sure enough some one had hit it, and knocked it over into my bike :mad: Thank f&ck for the R&G bung i had on there. Got nailed by some pretty sharp looking objects but the bike is pretty much untouched. Went through the receptions CCTV footage. Turns out it was a BT openreach van. Hit the bikes, cleared up the mess a bit then buggered off, without even leaving a note!!! :mad:

Ive told BT either the driver comes forward so we can claim of his insurance or i'll call the police. Technically its hit and run. Needless to say, I'm parking in the middle of the bay from now on!

emptyoh9

Reaction score
Lucky escape, i'd still be pretty pissed off though. Hope the cctv got the reg off the van.

Motley

Reaction score
First off, sorry you had to be the victim mate. Hope you get the bastard's insurance info.

More importantly, I'd be shopping for more substantial crash bungs, if thats what the R&G look like after a Vespa falls onto your bike. Can you imagine what that bung would look like if you tossed the bike up the road.

Birdy

Reaction score
What a TWAT . Report the prick anyway mate .Old dear knocked my xt500 over a few years , unhitched it by dragging it up the road till it fell off ! Tore the seat off, bent handlebars and dented the tank .She was seen by a neighbour. I popped around after she came home from work (florist ffs !) No prob she would get her boss to pay for it . MISTAKE . I didnt ring plod . Dragged on for weeks, in the end she would not pay, plod didnt want to know, should have reported it sooner ! So i went round to beat her . What a tough old bird , broke my jaw, fractured 3 ribs.Moral of this story.... dont pick on geriatric florists... oh and report the twats and get a crime number/accident report....

stevecbr

Reaction score
As Birdy said, report to police as failing to stop. Driver should get points on licence, which will serve him right, and claim on his insurance.
At least the crash bungs did their job