Clunk when pulling away with haste???

whooshbang

Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure if this is normal.... certainly never had it on my other bikes, but when i want to move off hastily i get a nasty single clunk sound.

So bike in 1st gear sat on traffic lights. need to move off with a little haste. bring the rpms up a touch and drop the clutch with a little haste (not drag it so much) and i get a single clunk sound. not sure if it's something inside the gear box (it was a recall) or not!

When i slowly potter it off the lights (most of the time) i don't get the nasty clunk

Anyone else get this?

Regards

whooshbang

Reaction score
:confused: Getting a little worried now.... it almost sounds like the chain is jumping a cog but more internal sounding. I think it's gonna have to go back to the shop!

stevecbr

Reaction score
Not heard of this, is your chain correctly adjusted and lubed? I'd also check rear wheel spindle tightened correctly, its not unknown for mechanics to forget to tighten them either at PDi or when changing tyres

whooshbang

Reaction score
It's brand new so the chain is nicely lubed. I have also lubed it again myself. The chain slack looks good with no tight spots. Tightening the rear wheel is a very good point. i will check it later, thank you for your advice.

MadGelo

Reaction score
I had it when my rear wheel was not tightened enough after a service and the brake caliper would move

whooshbang

Reaction score
alrighty then.... had the first service done today and noise seems to have disappeared. The drive chain was rather slack so i mentioned this and had them adjust it....hopefull no more will come of it.

thanks all.